SOLVED: Engine Shroud Cover Missing On XL and XLT Trims?

eBikeHauler

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.edisonbicycles.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Edison Electric Bike Co.
That “ticks” are high pressure injectors are they not? Normal on DI engines. To correct one would unplug, but engine then would not run. Nature of the beast I thought??????????
They are the injectors but some are louder than others from what I read. My friend also has a '19 and his are nowhere near as loud as mine. When I bought the truck they were quiet - they became much louder after the 1st 500mi of driving.
Sponsored

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my engine cover the 22nd of January 2020 from my dealer and the Ro says 76 for the cover and 46 for the bolts for 122.00 , never thought anything of it because I am going to use my Ford pass rewards for it , then I thought what, 46 for two bolts, no they are packs of 5 at Fastenal because Ford doesn't sell them in two packs. The parts man really didn't know for sure , anyway I cancelled the order for the bolts and went down and paid 3.50 for a pack of 5, don't need 5 but that is fine, I save
everything like a pack rat does, hardly ever throw anything away incase I may need it later.
Before I ordered the cover I looked under the hood of a Lariat to see what they looked like and also cause there are 4 threaded screw holes, 2 on the left , one in the front and one in the very back , must be for the other vehicles that use this mighty little four banger.
Smile , be happy.

Last edited:

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Just installed mine today. A noticeable difference in the injection noise. Definitely quieter than without the cover.

Went to Home Depot and got bolts for the cover. OEM is outrageous for small parts. Attached a photo of the bolts and 10mm socket you'll need. Worked perfectly for about $3

IMG_20200124_133920.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
First time I looked under the hood, I thought great no cover and I can see the plug wires. Now that's a truck.
Hi Jon,

Still searching my Lariat to find the engine...so far only found the dipstick and the 710 cap...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Robert Elmore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2019 Lincoln MKZ
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the cover yesterday. When I ordered I requested 2 of the mounting studs without realizing you don't get the nuts to secure the cover. I went to Lowes and got them and installed within a few minutes afterward. I personally like having the cover installed and I think it looks more complete.

Cover 1.jpg

Cover 2.jpg

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
Wow!!! What is the cover made of and which animal finds them tasty?
Rodents do; mice, rats and chipmunks. They use some vegetable base for the "eco friendly plastic" they use on things like wire insulation, engine covers, etc. One of those little bastards got in the engine of my 98 Ranger and chewed through my low beam wires...the joke ended up costing me $500.00 to repair (a new wiring harness). Some years later, a red squirrel got on top of my wife's corolla and chewed the wires to the #3 coil...another tunneled into the cabin air filter cavity on my Tucson and tried to make a home there...one got in my basement once and chewed a hole on the plastic drain hose for my maytag washer. Mice are no friends of mine, and we are in constant war, so I am glad my Stx fx 4 didn't come with the stupid thing

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Just received and installed mine for $66.02. That was cover, 2 bolts, and 2 nuts. Free shipping and was from cheaperford parts.com. Ford dealership out of Sacramento.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I just put one on today - paid 98 with the hardware and I know its kinda stupid to complain about but why does ford not put this on? it just makes the engine look a little better. I remember looking at it when I bought it and wondering why it looked so plain - now I know. First world problems...... I know but it just looks more finished now.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
Just received and installed mine for $66.02. That was cover, 2 bolts, and 2 nuts. Free shipping and was from cheaperford parts.com. Ford dealership out of Sacramento.
you got a much better deal than I did.....

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
It's Ford just being cheap. For 2019 Ford removed the F150 2.7L engine shrouds on the XL/XLT's too.
and the $10 ignition bezel as well..... I guess it adds up and most people don't notice Im sure. oh well, gives us something to do on our days off -- add pars ford "forgot" -next, the lower grill insert!

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I just put one on today - paid 98 with the hardware and I know its kinda stupid to complain about but why does ford not put this on? it just makes the engine look a little better. I remember looking at it when I bought it and wondering why it looked so plain - now I know. First world problems...... I know but it just looks more finished now.
You will notice the engine noise is less also.
Sponsored