SOLVED: Engine Shroud Cover Missing On XL and XLT Trims?

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Just received and installed mine for $66.02. That was cover, 2 bolts, and 2 nuts. Free shipping and was from cheaperford parts.com. Ford dealership out of Sacramento.
Just ordered from them. Paid a couple bucks more to have shipped. Still a great deal.
Sponsored

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
You will notice the engine noise is less also.
I just looked at the diagram and realized I put the studs on upside down...... sigh. I thought the part with the washer should go up to the cover but it probably makes little to no difference anyway next time I check the Oil Ill flip them over I just did them hand tight with a socket anyway so probably no big deal.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
I just looked at the diagram and realized I put the studs on upside down...... sigh. I thought the part with the washer should go up to the cover but it probably makes little to no difference anyway next time I check the Oil Ill flip them over I just did them hand tight with a socket anyway so probably no big deal.
yea I know.... oops but I was thinking about taking it back off to paint the ford logo with a paint pen like someone else on the forum did anyway-- I can't find the post again but it looked good

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
yea I know.... oops but I was thinking about taking it back off to paint the ford logo with a paint pen like someone else on the forum did anyway-- I can't find the post again but it looked good
He used a Silver Sharpee pen to do the letters..

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
He used a Silver Sharpee pen to do the letters..
thanks! I wish I could find that picture again..... I'll look later tonight just to see what they painted, I know its there somewhere. A sharpie huh..... I will try that first, I was going to get a paint pen but a sharpie will probably be easier and hopefully neater to apply.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Installed today...also forgot to order the hardware but thanks to this thread, I was able to make a quick trip to Home Depot to fix that problem. The only thing is, am I the only one that expected this thing to be made of ABS plastic? What I got is nothing more than basically insulated foam or damn near that...

0FE10C70-DF81-4B54-8E52-DC1A1ADB4318_1_201_a.jpeg

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Installed today...also forgot to order the hardware but thanks to this thread, I was able to make a quick trip to Home Depot to fix that problem. The only thing is, am I the only one that expected this thing to be made of ABS plastic? What I got is nothing more than basically insulated foam or damn near that...

0FE10C70-DF81-4B54-8E52-DC1A1ADB4318_1_201_a.jpeg
yes but being foam it blocks some engine noise. I tried it with and without, definitely makes a difference.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Yet another thing I now feel I "need" for my truck.
I wonder if it comes in a combo pack with a damper...?