Sponsored

Attachments

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I already contacted F150leds.com the kit you need for a 5 ft bed is the F150 2009 kit. Good luck.
I chatted with the F150LED folks today. While that kit might work, they don't have the wiring tie in figured out yet. They are going to research and get back to me. The operation of their light kits is what I was looking for.

OP
OP

ulev1st

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC FX4 ,2012 F250 Lariat FX4, 2017 Shelby GT350, 14 Ford Focus
Occupation
Retire Marine and Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
On MY install I took a couple short cuts that save time a frustration. First off I threw the RivNuts in the trash and used 3/16 ALUM 1/2 long pop rivets.. so I drilled 3/16 holes vice the 5/16 holes stated in the instructions. Also they give you these fancy ziptie mounts that you are supposed to clean and attach to the frame to run the zipties thru. I opted just to run it along the truck harness and ziptie to it.. a time saver and it's tucked up nicely out of the way and will never come loose.

OP
OP

ulev1st

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC FX4 ,2012 F250 Lariat FX4, 2017 Shelby GT350, 14 Ford Focus
Occupation
Retire Marine and Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I chatted with the F150LED folks today. While that kit might work, they don't have the wiring tie in figured out yet. They are going to research and get back to me. The operation of their light kits is what I was looking for.
When you find out what color wire and where they tie in...let us know.. I might change mine. I'd still have to touch them to come on...but they would eventually time out.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I get my 2019 ranger this week and can't wait to see if my Lariat already has these lights.

I bet the 45 min install is not even close, but let us know. That install doesn't look all that easy to me. I would compare to what the Ford dealer will charge you for install (how many labor hours) If they try and charge you more than one hour, I would complain and point them to the manual that says 45 min LOL

Also, says in the instructions that No Drilling required, but it sure looks like you do need to drill some holes.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I have an F150LEDs kit being shipped to me. I told my dealer I didn't want the Touchlink kit as they changed how they advertised how it functions. Originally they said it worked with interior lights/keyfob. Then the real description indicated you touched the top of the light. $240 for that was not worth it for me. Installing the F150LEDs kit to work with interior lighting. Making detailed instructions and pictures for F150LEDs to show how to install their lights on the Ranger.

When I get the lights installed, then I will post some replies here and then make a "Garage" entry with lots of pictures. :wink:

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
I have an F150LEDs kit being shipped to me. I told my dealer I didn't want the Touchlink kit as they changed how they advertised how it functions. Originally they said it worked with interior lights/keyfob. Then the real description indicated you touched the top of the light. $240 for that was not worth it for me. Installing the F150LEDs kit to work with interior lighting. Making detailed instructions and pictures for F150LEDs to show how to install their lights on the Ranger.

When I get the lights installed, then I will post some replies here and then make a "Garage" entry with lots of pictures. :wink:
Have you considered tying into the button that controls the bed lights, instead of having these go on and off with the dome lights?

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you considered tying into the button that controls the bed lights, instead of having these go on and off with the dome lights?
It was a thought. If I tie them into the dome lights like the F-150 kits work on the F-150s, then the lights will come on when opening the doors or hitting the Unlock button on the key fob and go out when locking/closing the doors and have a slight delay when turning off. That was what I wanted to achieve. I am sure you could come up with several options on using the lights in the bed. Might re-think the cargo light option when I go to install the light kit. Will look at which way provides the best flexibility. :wink:

Last edited:

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
I get my 2019 ranger this week and can't wait to see if my Lariat already has these lights.

I bet the 45 min install is not even close, but let us know. That install doesn't look all that easy to me. I would compare to what the Ford dealer will charge you for install (how many labor hours) If they try and charge you more than one hour, I would complain and point them to the manual that says 45 min LOL

Also, says in the instructions that No Drilling required, but it sure looks like you do need to drill some holes.
Our Lariats do not have these fancy lights already installed. I wish!

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Whenever I come across one, I squirrel it away in the garage for situations exactly like this lol.
Car Stereo installers use 2 to 3 ft Zip ties that are available at HD and Lowes for running wires in tight areas!

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Here are the 'DARK" pics.. I'm PLEASED.. the side mount tool box blocks a little light but can be swung out and you can see great.

20190312_183803.jpg

20190312_183806.jpg

20190312_183808.jpg

20190312_183811.jpg

20190312_183817.jpg

20190312_183829.jpg
Don, I really like your setup. I have a couple of questions for you: (1) How difficult was it to remove the tie downs given you have a spray-in bedliner? (2) Are you planning to relocate the tie-downs that you remove to install the SwingCase? I am having a hard time with the idea of no tie-downs in that corner of the bed.

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Don, I really like your setup. I have a couple of questions for you: (1) How difficult was it to remove the tie downs given you have a spray-in bedliner? (2) Are you planning to relocate the tie-downs that you remove to install the SwingCase? I am having a hard time with the idea of no tie-downs in that corner of the bed.
OK, I can see in your photo that you installed the tie-down over the brackets. Yay!

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Well this light kit is expensive and it took me 3 hours to install it. I followed instructions and took my time. I'm pretty particular and picky. I couldn't get harness to battery. It was to short the way i routed it. Connected to BJB. Now that it's installed ,I like it.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
It was a thought. If I tie them into the dome lights like the F-150 kits work on the F-150s, then the lights will come on when opening the doors or hitting the Unlock button on the key fob and go out when locking/closing the doors and have a slight delay when turning off. That was what I wanted to achieve. I am sure you could come up with several options on using the lights in the bed. Might re-think the cargo light option when I go to install the light kit. Will look at which way provides the best flexibility. :wink:
I'm planning on ordering the F150led kit. How did your install go and are you happy with it?

Edit

I found your write-up on the installation. Are you still happy with it?

Last edited:

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I installed mine a couple months ago and I like them. They are very helpful at night, especially with the bed cover closed.
Sponsored