Snowmageddon in Texas

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Our friends in FLA are talking about tornadoes...

My weather station is showing 13 degrees as of 9:22 PM. Our local news station is reporting temps that are breaking 122 year old records.

Our electricity is back on, our cable/internet is back and we have comfort again. I just hope this is the case for the rest of the folks around here and anywhere else this cruddy weather is hitting.

BUT...my Ranger provided transport and access to fuel, wifi and comfort as well.

But again, the traction control and ABS was spot on...and these Bridgestones...hell yeah.
-11 here right now, expecting -17. This is some very crazy weather.
Sponsored

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
Global Warming
It’s Climate Change! Haven’t you been watching CNN? That’s what we call it here in Kalifornia....at least now I have a Ranger for wildfire bug out purposes! Best of luck with the snow Texas Ranger brethren!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
They forecast in the Boston area snow today. Seems the storm y’all are dealing with finally made it here. It’s raining buckets right now and melting the snow we already had.

We were due for a break. Now western part of the state is getting snow! ?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I love how quiet and piecful it is when snowing. I couldn't hear the highway all night, slept like a baby.

20210215_230858.jpg
Hi Johathan,

Yep...the one thing I liked about snowing was the softening and muting of noise....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Snowed last night, raining here on the coast. Snowplow guy tried to move the slush so he could justify being paid for this storm ? Problem is the ground is frozen so the rain is turning to ice. Good day to stay home and look out the window.

I forgot to mention the 3 ft snowstorm we got when I was stationed at Ft Bliss in '86. Now that was snowpocolypse when they close down an Army base for three days, lol.

https://www.weather.gov/epz/elpaso_heavy_snow

I guess it was '87 and it was only 2ft. We had gone to Jaurez for a night of debauchery and arrived back to the barracks at ~3am. My buddy from NH woke me up at 9am screaming it was snowing. I thought he was full of crap. Woke up a bit hungover, and sure enough, it was snowing. Went outside to make a snowman, but the snow was packed with dirt and sand. Pretty funny wating a bunch of soldiers having snowball fights.

Last edited:

rmr76

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 (Daily), 1969 Chevy C10 (Weekend Toy)
Made use of the FX4's 4 wheel drive on the roads the past couple of days. Worked like a champ. DFW broke a record with an official -2F reading. It was a balmy 0F for me on the drive to work this morning in the Wylie/Murphy/Richardson suburbs. I have power cycling on and off at home with the house about 60 degrees. Many coworkers lost power early Monday and their homes are in the 40s inside. And more snow and/or sleet is coming tonight... Can't wait until the weekend when it's supposed to get back above freezing.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
lost hikers North of Vancouver probably regret this feature of nature when the shit hits the fan.
its so peaceful hiking in the mountains, deep snow....heavy flakes falling all around....until you get lost or hurt and your cries for help are muffled with-in 50yards to less than a whisper no matter how hard you scream.. anyone looking to rescue you literally needs to be stepping on you to find you.
3 words------------Personal locator beacon

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
They forecast in the Boston area snow today. Seems the storm y’all are dealing with finally made it here. It’s raining buckets right now and melting the snow we already had.

We were due for a break. Now western part of the state is getting snow! ?
We have a coating of ice on everything here in NH.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, its been a tough winter. We got the white stuff too here in Fla. Look at the waters edge at all that white stuff. Terrible.
IMG_0480.jpg

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
I hope you all are safe and this passes soon. I have to say I am a little jealous. I miss the snow from my time back in 2000 in Salt Lake City. In the meantime, it is 54 right now and here was my coffee drinking view this morning.
04360602-7C6A-442D-87E7-1E6820AA2169.jpeg
Sponsored