First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
I heard a news report on the radio that new car inventory was up slightly. For a long time on hand inventory was 25 days supply or so. Now it's 39 days supply. They said don't expect major improvements until fall 2023.
Probably has more to do with inflation and high interest than increased production.
Sponsored

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Super Cab - 2WD, 1995 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon
I suppose it depends on where you live. So I got my ail changed at the local Ford Dealership a week or so ago, I ran into the salesman who sold me my Ranger. He said their new inventory was 12 vehicles - they used to have 500 new vehicles. This is (or was) a huge dealership in Pensacola. Now they distribute/intersperse the used vehicles for the appearance of a full lot. They used to have 4-6 new vehicles in the show room. For past couple of years or so, it's been one. First it was a Bronco Avalanche for quite a while; and when I did my tour, they had the new F-150 Lightning. Big sign on the vehicle - NOT FOR SALE. I did my tour of the lot as I normally do during these maintenance visits and saw no Rangers or Broncos for that matter at all. The new 12 vehicles were F-150's and Escapes - that was it. They are only dealing from MRSP (and those prices were really high) - little wiggle room if any. It looks like the days of fully stocked dealerships with new vehicles are coming to a close, with the impetus on direct orders from the factory - I'm old school though, I want to drive the vehicle I'm getting. So we'll see how all of this evolves. So happy I got my Ranger when I did - pre-covid and chip shortage days...

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Higher interest rates as well as used selling for new MSRP prices and new selling for over MSRP are keeping people away.

I browse cars dot com every now and then and I'm amazed at the amount of vehicles still being advertised for well over value.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
This is (or was) a huge dealership in Pensacola.
I lived in P'cola a few times. Twice for a few months of training an just over 3 years as an instructor. I kept my house there for a little while after leaving. Wish I had it to sell now in this market. Wasn't there an area called "car city" or something like that on highway 29? I moved in '95 an sold the house in 97. I forgot how to get around now but I might go back on vacation one of these days.

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
I suppose it depends on where you live. So I got my ail changed at the local Ford Dealership a week or so ago, I ran into the salesman who sold me my Ranger. He said their new inventory was 12 vehicles - they used to have 500 new vehicles. This is (or was) a huge dealership in Pensacola. Now they distribute/intersperse the used vehicles for the appearance of a full lot. They used to have 4-6 new vehicles in the show room. For past couple of years or so, it's been one. First it was a Bronco Avalanche for quite a while; and when I did my tour, they had the new F-150 Lightning. Big sign on the vehicle - NOT FOR SALE. I did my tour of the lot as I normally do during these maintenance visits and saw no Rangers or Broncos for that matter at all. The new 12 vehicles were F-150's and Escapes - that was it. They are only dealing from MRSP (and those prices were really high) - little wiggle room if any. It looks like the days of fully stocked dealerships with new vehicles are coming to a close, with the impetus on direct orders from the factory - I'm old school though, I want to drive the vehicle I'm getting. So we'll see how all of this evolves. So happy I got my Ranger when I did - pre-covid and chip shortage days...
Ford is pushing to going to online and cut out the Dealer except for delivery and service. Though in truth I don't technically mind the European set up of where you test drive a Demo model, order what you want with what options you want, no packages. You want that single option you got it no package needed. Usually the turn around time is roughly 90 days. I do agree, I have to test drive before I make the purchase to see if it fits me. I got lucky as my Ranger came in just before I went on vacation, though I drove further than what I would have liked but I am pleased I have it as it's been a much better vehicle overall.

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Super Cab - 2WD, 1995 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon
I lived in P'cola a few times. Twice for a few months of training an just over 3 years as an instructor. I kept my house there for a little while after leaving. Wish I had it to sell now in this market. Wasn't there an area called "car city" or something like that on highway 29? I moved in '95 an sold the house in 97. I forgot how to get around now but I might go back on vacation one of these days.
Yup - it still known as "Car City" most of P-cola's dealerships are still concentrated in that area.
Sponsored