First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Awesome, I'm beyond ready to ditch the stock rake and tires.

It makes such a big difference just doing the level but adding tires really completes it. If you do end up going with the Ridge Grapplers one sidewall is more aggressive than the other. I had the more aggressive side out. One thing I've heard though is they're not great in the snow but luckily I don't have that issue here. ?

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
It makes such a big difference just doing the level but adding tires really completes it. If you do end up going with the Ridge Grapplers one sidewall is more aggressive than the other. I had the more aggressive side out. One thing I've heard though is they're not great in the snow but luckily I don't have that issue here. ?
Eh I would need good in the snow, this was my "street" this year.

View attachment 92983

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Like Dave says, you can level your truck a couple of inches and easily put on slightly bigger tires without any issues as long as you stick to your factory wheels. Try to stay no wider than 265s and keep your diameter under 32” and you’ll have that great off-road look and terrific performance. You’ll avoid crash bar issues, won’t need to re-calibrate your speedometer, and you’ll take a minimal hit to your mpg.

Said the guy with 275/70R17s, lower offset wheels, a speedometer that’s off by about 5%, and aftermarket crash bars. Hmmm, should’ve taken my own advice. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Eh I would need good in the snow, this was my "street" this year.

View attachment 92983
I remember those all to well. When I lived back in MA my house was out in a hill town and my driveway was 250' long. There were only 8,000 residents at the time and some roads out there were still dirt roads. I sure don't miss that anymore.

IIRC there's some running the Falken Wildpeaks AT3 and really like them. Maybe take a look at those. Looks like they have a good winter rating.

https://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeaka/t3w-tire

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I remember those all to well. When I lived back in MA my house was out in a hill town and my driveway was 250' long. There were only 8,000 residents at the time and some roads out there were still dirt roads. I sure don't miss that anymore.

IIRC there's some running the Falken Wildpeaks AT3 and really like them. Maybe take a look at those. Looks like they have a good winter rating.

https://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeaka/t3w-tire
Thanks I will check those out! Yep it is dirt under there too, but honestly I was surprised how well the Ranger did. Leaving it in 4x4 and putting about 400lbs of logs in the bed it didn't skip a beat.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toronto would have called in the Military, declared a state of emergency and shut down for a week over that amount of snow. was it from an afternoon of flurries?
Well it's not so much the snow, but it's very hilly and gets iced over. With the shady trees they don't melt and a lot of drivers will start to slide back and off the road after getting halfway up.

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
@AzScorpion Do you have any idea if those leveling kits actually cause the front end components to wear out quicker? Or is that not a thing?

I wanted to get the RC simple leveling kit for my truck but a work mate was telling me they wear out your struts and control arms faster.

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I have 15,000 miles since doing it and it's been great! The Ridge Grapplers are very quiet you don't get that loud humming noise even at highway speeds.
You need to live in your truck once in a while Dave...15 thousand miles?!!? ?

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
On mine I did the eibach leveling struts in the front and set them to 3”, and have the eibach rear shocks. It’s a bit bumpier now but nothing too crazy. I kept the stock 17” wheels, but went with 265/70/17 Wildpeaks. Freaking LOVE the way it looks now. Some say I over did it by going to 3” instead of 2.5, but honestly how much of a difference is half an inch going to make on the UCA and CV stress points? I dunno

1FE65CAF-9972-42E4-98F2-CFD7B0DB7D1C.jpeg

ED3BBD34-9EAF-42B8-AE00-0778C7E44725.jpeg

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Said the guy with 275/70R17s, lower offset wheels, a speedometer that’s off by about 5%, and aftermarket crash bars. Hmmm, should’ve taken my own advice. ?
Wasn't your truck white too??

OP
OP
patipton

patipton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
I was also wondering about wearing the front faster on the 04 I had it definitely does anyone know if that’s the case with the 5G

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Guys I’m confused I just want to level level my 2019 fx4 a little i don’t understand all the offset talk I’m not going with bigger tires maybe just a mud terrain type tire there are so many options and opinions do I need anything special or will the simple 100$ 2” lifts be enough and will it affect my warranty
I might also add to Dave's comment that if you replace your upper control arms, the lift will put less strain on your ball joints etc , I installed BDS UCA'S on mine, they place the ball joints back I to a neutral position.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion Do you have any idea if those leveling kits actually cause the front end components to wear out quicker? Or is that not a thing?

I wanted to get the RC simple leveling kit for my truck but a work mate was telling me they wear out your struts and control arms faster.
I've heard both sides of the argument, some say yes and others say no. So far mine has been fine and I do take it into the shop where they installed it and have them inspect it every now and then. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you but I'm sure there's will chime in and this will open a can of worms like most other threads. lol
Sponsored