First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Great bumper - has saved my bacon more than once on the trail. Took one of the "shortcuts" coming back out of Toquerville Falls two weeks back and came off a ledge wrong. Truck landed square on the left shackle mount and came away with naught but a scratch on the front of the mount. Solid. Make sure to trim as needed to avoid crimping the AC condenser line.
Are those shackles bolted to the frame horns? or integral to the winch mount? and its mounted to the frame. The reason I ask is I tow behind a RV but still want a winch in a bad way. Was wondering if the shackle points were strong enough to attach a tow bar to.
Sponsored

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Are those shackles bolted to the frame horns? or integral to the winch mount? and its mounted to the frame. The reason I ask is I tow behind a RV but still want a winch in a bad way. Was wondering if the shackle points were strong enough to attach a tow bar to.
You should check with Shrockworks to be sure, but I researched this a few months back with etrailer (great people, very helpful) and found that this set of base plates should fit: https://www.etrailer.com/Base-Plates/Roadmaster/RM-035-1.html - Kyle J. Smith was the person I exchanged emails with.

The shackles are integral to the bumper, which is mounted to the frame. I have a Warn 12K installed and so far it is working great - a bit of a reach to plug in and set the clutch, but otherwise nicely hidden and pulls just fine.

We ended up going the other way (truck pulling a trailer), but one of the appealing things about the Ranger is that it nicely fits into the tow range of most RVs (5,000lbs).

Best of luck whatever you decide.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
You should check with Shrockworks to be sure, but I researched this a few months back with etrailer (great people, very helpful) and found that this set of base plates should fit: https://www.etrailer.com/Base-Plates/Roadmaster/RM-035-1.html - Kyle J. Smith was the person I exchanged emails with.

The shackles are integral to the bumper, which is mounted to the frame. I have a Warn 12K installed and so far it is working great - a bit of a reach to plug in and set the clutch, but otherwise nicely hidden and pulls just fine.

We ended up going the other way (truck pulling a trailer), but one of the appealing things about the Ranger is that it nicely fits into the tow range of most RVs (5,000lbs).

Best of luck whatever you decide.
I have a BlueOX tow bar and they have 'off road' adapters for their tow bars for eyelet type tow hooks. I just want to be sure they are strong enough to not have my Ranger taking off on its own. Thanks for the contact point I will shoot them an email.

ATFIII

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
First Responder
Is this part of the ACC bracket noted on the bumper order form, or something else?
I was just on the website and didnā€™t see anything about brackets for the FX4/Tremor specifically to be selected. I shot them an email and am waiting to hear back if thereā€™s something special needed or if they all work out of the box.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I was just on the website and didnā€™t see anything about brackets for the FX4/Tremor specifically to be selected. I shot them an email and am waiting to hear back if thereā€™s something special needed or if they all work out of the box.
Nothing special with the FX4 and Tremor as the only big changes if any(FX4) were suspension and a few things for looks. You should be fine to my understanding

Kommatose

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
If I can find someone in the Oregon/sw Washington area to install it for me Iā€™d probably buy this one.

HotShotOffroad

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
If I can find someone in the Oregon/sw Washington area to install it for me Iā€™d probably buy this one.
its a great bumper set up! I ran a similar bumper on my 3rd gen tacoma. I wanted to maintain some of the stock bumper while adding some steel and a spot for a winch. This bumper from shrockworks has a great look and finish to it. We are thrilled to offer them as a bumper set up! Same with the sliders and full size bumper. Great team over there!

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport

Nevada Brian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Are they going to include directions for diy? From what I've seen so far ..no. and it's up to $1500.
With every option available for these bumper mounts, according to their site, the price is a maximum of $1150.

Here is a link to their instructions. Winch Mount Instructions

Ranger54

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Service advisor
Posting a new thread so this doesnā€™t get buried in the winch capable bumper thread. I was at Shrockworks last week and let them run their final test fit for their stock bumper winch Mount on my truck. Here are pics for anyone in the market for one of these. Theyā€™ll have it up on their site any day now. Fit is amazing and the lower shackle mounts are a nice addition to the stock bumper.
CCC4EA9F-429B-4E4F-BB3D-8DDC1108ECDE.jpeg
ED0D04EF-BEE3-4012-BB7B-2F25BDDAEBD8.jpeg
F8A275DB-7B26-489A-BCE7-C97F7E4BDB1A.jpeg
C0F1E3C4-AF58-4CE6-A93F-1A01F22F0E3D.jpeg
591FAE28-B60E-4DF1-AB00-03F00B452F5A.jpeg
FD1DB205-8979-4028-8149-FBAD345D1738.jpeg
3473E4A0-BF43-4AE6-82AE-0BFA8EE56555.jpeg
E170F9F5-FD42-42D8-9D25-C74D59C8D61F.jpeg
SIGN ME UP. TAKE MY MONEY.

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
What are you talking about? Instructions come in the box and the winch mount starts at $795.
https://www.shrockworks.com/FRAN5-WM-pr-16309.html
Idk somebody put a link up, could've been the FB page, and it went to it at $1500.
But going straight to their website comes up with the right price ($795)
Do we know for sure it will work with the ARB skids? They can't even tell me if it would.

burchs

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Anyone order one of these recently and get an estimate on lead times? I placed an order, asked via e email but no answer. Might try calling them in a bit.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed them and they are at 2-3 months out.
I spoke to them last week and they said the same thing, about 3 months lead time. I ordered back in the beginning of January. Winch is sitting here all lonely waiting to hang on the front of the truck
Sponsored