Show us your Tinted Headlights and Rear lights

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
no real reason other than "looking cool" but nothing kills the look of a nice car faster than obnoxiously large tail lamp assemblies. im probably going to be doing this soon. nothing crazy, just a slight tint to help the assemblies not stand out so much. ill have they guy doing it not put any tint on the reverse lamps or the blinkers, just the tail and brake lights.

im sure headlight tinting, if done right, can extend the life of the plastic lens quite a bit. i had such a hard time keeping my headlights from fogging and yellowing on my previous car. even a clear UV film would have helped tremendously.

The assemblies are huge not only for aesthetics, but because the radar is inside the housing too. The lense is $1200+ so I'd rather leave it alone and let it do it's thing. And you're tail lights can never be too bright in bad weather (I'm in Michigan). I've been in show so thick that the car 20' in front of you was literally invisible until they hit the brakes.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
The assemblies are huge not only for aesthetics, but because the radar is inside the housing too. The lense is $1200+ so I'd rather leave it alone and let it do it's thing. And you're tail lights can never be too bright in bad weather (I'm in Michigan). I've been in show so thick that the car 20' in front of you was literally invisible until they hit the brakes.
Sometimes I miss the snow in MI...but not the commute to work in that crap:)

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
i hear ya on the snow. we have fog every once in a while like that.
not to mention the thunderstorms. yay tornado alley

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat FX4
My brother bought a Ranger a month after I bought mine. His came from the dealership with tinted tail lights. They had also installed a lift, aftermarket wheels and 32.5" Nittos.

You can barely tell they are tinted and it looks nice on his black Ranger. I will see if I can get some pics.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My brother bought a Ranger a month after I bought mine. His came from the dealership with tinted tail lights. They had also installed a lift, aftermarket wheels and 32.5" Nittos.

You can barely tell they are tinted and it looks nice on his black Ranger. I will see if I can get some pics.
Sounds like the Spider edition. Is it?

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tinted their headlights or tail lights with a film. I have the magnetic color and think a nice tint to the headlights would look good and maybe the back. Was hoping to find someone who has done such and has some phots. Thx.
I have considered applying a film to my headlights and taillights, but only for defensive purposes. The taillights cost about $1K, headlights probably more, and the film is only a couple of bucks.

I would not want to in any way reduce my visibility.

Thoughts, anyone?

Michael Bailey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape SE 2.0 4x4, 1974 Norton Commando 850, 1967 Norton P11 750
Occupation
Trout Fisher, Layabout, US Army SGM (Ret)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the Spider edition. Is it?
Dealers do that stuff to boost sales, they always have done this. When I bought my first Norton in 1969, the dealer had modified it. I had to request the stock parts back.

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have considered applying a film to my headlights and taillights, but only for defensive purposes. The taillights cost about $1K, headlights probably more, and the film is only a couple of bucks.

I would not want to in any way reduce my visibility.

Thoughts, anyone?
https://www.lamin-x.com/precut-film-covers/ford-ranger-19-headlight-covers.html

https://www.xpel.com/Headlamp-and-Fog-Lamp-Kit-ULTIMATE-PLUS_55

https://www.weathertech.com/ford/2019/ranger/lampgard/

Swede

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4
I don't plan on tinting my taillights, but I would like to find an LED replacement. I have a black 2019 with the Black Appearance package and those huge red taillights look hideous if you ask me. I changed the taillights on my Taco a while back and the look was so much better on the all black truck. The lights were probably a bit brighter because of the LED conversion. The problem with the Ranger is I can't find LED replacements that have all the sensors installed.

3 Old rear.jpg

4 New rear.jpg

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
We called that a white out. I remember those... I miss the snow.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
I have the LaminX tinted sidemarkers & headlight film. Sidemarker film is just a bit small, but you really don’t notice it. Headlight film is ok, was difficult to get it to form well and has a few imperfections, needed a heat gun and patience. My main goal was to protect the headlights and they will do that well.

A84CBD78-F2BE-48EC-AA08-B56914C2438B.jpeg
9688CAAF-DD3A-4138-A758-3F4D69BF1F0E.jpeg
6A31AFFC-A266-4EF0-92E3-32E71596DE6A.jpeg

MyLittleRanger19

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have the LaminX tinted sidemarkers & headlight film. Sidemarker film is just a bit small, but you really don’t notice it. Headlight film is ok, was difficult to get it to form well and has a few imperfections, needed a heat gun and patience. My main goal was to protect the headlights and they will do that well.

A84CBD78-F2BE-48EC-AA08-B56914C2438B.jpeg
9688CAAF-DD3A-4138-A758-3F4D69BF1F0E.jpeg
6A31AFFC-A266-4EF0-92E3-32E71596DE6A.jpeg
oooooo that looks nice
Sponsored