Anthony386

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Corrections
Samesies. Just wished Laminx had a whole housing tint for the rear. Just something to tone it down a bit so it matches the rest of the truck.

0EC0F140-8F65-4805-BCE6-3A1862F85B23.jpeg

BE302E37-7E3D-4521-B2F0-BABB6BD317D9.jpeg

Mobius97

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4, Lotus Evora, Lotus Elise, Acura MDX
I just installed some LaminX yesterday. Took it off the headlights. The cut was horrible and I did not like the hazy look off it. Your installs look great so not sure what was going on. I did like the fog light and door cup protection tho and kept those. Whenever I get around to doing the PPF on the front done I'll have the shop do the headlights then.

Anthony386

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Corrections
I just installed some LaminX yesterday. Took it off the headlights. The cut was horrible and I did not like the hazy look off it. Your installs look great so not sure what was going on. I did like the fog light and door cup protection tho and kept those. Whenever I get around to doing the PPF on the front done I'll have the shop do the headlights then.
I had a shop throw mine on along with the 20% tint they added to the driver and passenger side windows to match the rear tint. I don't have any exp doing tint and Laminx wasn't cheap since I purchased for my car too. The cut wasn't precise at all, but having a shop do it turned out better than what I would've done. I still want my taillight housing done though. The shop didn't want to try the taillights on account of the reverse light portion being lower than the actual housing itself. They claimed it would eventually come off. I figure if you just wrap the housing and cut away around the reverse light portion it'd hold like any other tint. Also keep in mind that though it's only a "smoked" tint film on my truck, it DOES affect the lighting output. I finally did end up purchasing LED's this week from HR so I'm excited to have that boost coming my way :handsinair: