Got rear ended. Show me your rear bumpers

BobDP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger
How about this? Addictive Desert Designs. Wish I could afford their stuff, always liked the design. Would love to have their stuff on both my trucks.

ford-ranger-rear-bumper.jpg
I had the exact same thing happen to me and this is the bumper I went with. The insurance company paid 100% as this bumper is almost exactly the same cost as all the pieces for the stock bumper. I really am happy with how it came out.
Sponsored

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe its different here in ND, but if I want, I can take the money from the other person's insurance company without even repairing my vehicle. I'm not obligated to fix it or take it to a specific body shop. I've dealt with a situation like this before, so I know how it all works.

So, that being said, I'm still looking for aftermarket bumper pics, as the thread title states.
That is true you can take the check and then pay the difference for the new bumper all I was saying is the insurance would not pay for an aftermarket in the check they give to you, agreed, Troy?
Looks like you may have already found what you want, good luck.
Nice to be an American were we can agree and disagree with corduality

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
That is true you can take the check and then pay the difference for the new bumper all I was saying is the insurance would not pay for an aftermarket in the check they give to you, agreed, Troy?
Looks like you may have already found what you want, good luck.
Nice to be an American were we can agree and disagree with corduality
I get what you're saying. That the insurance company won't specifically pay for an aftermarket bumper on paper. Totally makes sense.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Insurance will reimburse or pay for OEM. You can take that check and add your own cash for the upgrade but some body shops will not replace OEM with aftermarket so you may have to replace yourself or pay out of pocket for upgrade labor.
That. When I had my front end accident, the shop wouldnā€™t install the aftermarket front bumper. No biggie doing it myself. Iā€™ll add, based on the other comments that in most cases the aftermarket bumper will cost a food bit less than an OEM replacement so youā€™ll easily be able to take the insurance check, buy an AM bumper and probably have money left over. I had a LOT left over with the front bumper.

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
In this case, the aftermarket bumper I want is very close in price to a new OEM bumper after paint. I'm a small business owner with wholesale access to tons of different aftermarket automotive parts, so that definitely plays into this ?

BobDP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger
Based on a couple estimates I got today, I could easily get the ADD bumper. I'll be doing the labor myself, so that saves some money.
Yeah, I had a small scratch so I had the body shop repaint. Plus I figured why should I do it when it doesn't cost me anything to have someone else do it for me.
That. When I had my front end accident, the shop wouldnā€™t install the aftermarket front bumper. No biggie doing it myself. Iā€™ll add, based on the other comments that in most cases the aftermarket bumper will cost a food bit less than an OEM replacement so youā€™ll easily be able to take the insurance check, buy an AM bumper and probably have money left over. I had a LOT left over with the front bumper.
Here is what mine came out like;
In this case, the aftermarket bumper I want is very close in price to a new OEM bumper after paint. I'm a small business owner with wholesale access to tons of different aftermarket automotive parts, so that definitely plays into this ?
Here's how mine came out;

20200324_082843.jpg

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
So do these AM bumpers come with sensor holes to install the sensors from Ford or if sensors still good from damaged bumper or do you just drill the needed holes?

BobDP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger
So do these AM bumpers come with sensor holes to install the sensors from Ford or if sensors still good from damaged bumper or do you just drill the needed holes?
They have 2 for the same price. 1 has sensor holes and 1 dosen't. Just pay attention to the description.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I wish my ranger had the corner step built into it. I'm getting too old to crawl up on the tail gate.

BobDP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger
I wish my ranger had the corner step built into it. I'm getting too old to crawl up on the tail gate.
They have a couple trailer hitch steps that you might check out. One of them might would for you.

IL8APEX

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
This might be late to the party, but I really like the minimalist look:

Gen_2_Baja_Rear_Bumper_3_1800x1800.jpg

I know this picture is on a Gen2 Raptor, but the Ranger version is being shipped to me now for installation. I'll have pics installed in a couple of weeks.

-Tom

BobDP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger
This might be late to the party, but I really like the minimalist look:

Gen_2_Baja_Rear_Bumper_3_1800x1800.jpg

I know this picture is on a Gen2 Raptor, but the Ranger version is being shipped to me now for installation. I'll have pics installed in a couple of weeks.

-Tom
I don't see where that bumper has cutouts for the rear sensors?
Sponsored