First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
If you're going to hand torque, I recommend re-torquing as stated in the manual. You do loose a little clamping force as the wheel ultimately centers onto the lug nut seats and hub, after a service. Also, a must for any dually.

Uirx4EM.png
Sponsored

RobertU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2001 Ford Ranger XLT
After reading this post I ran out and bought a torque wrench. I set it @100 lbs. less than 1/8 of a turn and it clicked in. I have 3944 miles on the Ranger and it looks like they were tightened properly.

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Fixed operation Director Tuttle Click Automotive
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is blown way out of proportion. Its simple, Ford made a mistake, and the dealer did a shit PDI. Life happens, they are going to make it right. And please, never use oil or anti-seize on the wheel studs.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is blown way out of proportion. Its simple, Ford made a mistake, and the dealer did a shit PDI. Life happens, they are going to make it right. And please, never use oil or anti-seize on the wheel studs.
Rich,

Okay...and where are you? Tuttle/Click is not in San Clemente Ca to my knowledge. Are you really in Tucson?

Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Rich,

Okay...and where are you? Tuttle/Click is not in San Clemente Ca to my knowledge. Are you really in Tucson?

Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I am the Fixed Operations Director for Tuttle Click California, I have seven dealerships, have been the Fixed Op director for Capistrano Ford for 29 years, and a Master Jag tech before that.

ranger complete.jpg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Opinions Vary. I'm glad this was brought to our attention so we can verify that our trucks lug nut are properly installed. If it was your truck, you would no doubt have a different opinion. The guy had his family in the truck, this very easily could have been a life changing experience.

And look at the other posts on this site about dealers not adjusting the factory installed 48 psi in the tires down to the recommended pressure on the door jamb..

Those of us that are mechanically inclined need to understand that many folks aren't, and don't even know what to look for, nor should they have to. They aren't buying a kit to build a truck. Dealers need to do a better job in prepping vehicles before turning them over to the general public.

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Opinions Vary. I'm glad this was brought to our attention so we can verify that our trucks lug nut are properly installed. If it was your truck, you would no doubt have a different opinion. The guy had his family in the truck, this very easily could have been a life changing experience.

And look at the other posts on this site about dealers not adjusting the factory installed 48 psi in the tires down to the recommended pressure on the door jamb..

Those of us that are mechanically inclined need to understand that many folks aren't, and don't even know what to look for, nor should they have to. They aren't buying a kit to build a truck. Dealers need to do a better job in prepping vehicles before turning them over to the general public.
What I cant stand is the denial from the factory and Dealers, including the ones I run, not doing the job they are paid to do.

OP
OP

GMatt

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Truck is at the dealership since yesterday, service guy called and said they are checking for any damage to the wheel, tire, and the hub, besides replacing the lug studs. He has the suspension guys looking at it and will update me again maybe tomorrow or Thursday.
Update, sorry I’ve been out of the country on business but got the truck back and the service advisor went through all aspects of the wheel, hub, lug studs and I’m satisfied they covered all aspects of the possible damage. Anyway truck is running fine with no vibrations after about 250 miles of driving. So the dealership took pretty good care of me, I do suspect they called Ford and acted on directions from them in handling this so we will see what happens from here

OP
OP

GMatt

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
This thread is blown way out of proportion. Its simple, Ford made a mistake, and the dealer did a shit PDI. Life happens, they are going to make it right. And please, never use oil or anti-seize on the wheel studs.[/QUOTE
I just saw this reply and well “fordguy” (I would call you something else but decorum prohibits that) had your wheel fallen off your truck doing 80 mph with your family members I would hope you would be as concerned as I was. If not you definitely need some help my friend
Sponsored