First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Thanks for the follow up. Too bad they didn't work. Hopefully someone will come up with a good solution :)

Oh noooo, money not well spent I take it......
Sponsored

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
This made me go out and look and sure enough I see some wear. So looks like I’ll be buying the seatbelt covers and trying them out.

FC076A5A-523F-470F-9A3B-6606FE0F3004.jpeg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Oh noooo, money not well spent I take it......
Looks like its going to be trial and error to get a fix. I went to the
Dealer today and they said its not a warranty issue as of yet which I suspected would be the answer. They suggested that I report it to Ford and said that if they get enough contacts about it, it could develop into warranty coverage? I will contact Ford and get back with what they say about this.

Also went to Joann fabric store, Michaels and Hobby Lobby to check for stick on fabric patches and nothing compatible that looked like it would work. Sid's patch looked pretty decent so might follow up on that after talking to Ford :)

Last edited:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
My fuzzy fix...
20210913_154355.jpg

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Those are nice. Good match for those with the carbon fiber interior kit.

Not sure about the SCrew, but in my SCab, I would need to drive with the door open for others to see the logo !! :LOL:

Go jeep style. Take them off!

Ranger85

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just curious, is anyone else going to try and talk to their dealer about replacement? I know @OrangeStreak didnt have any luck. Mine will be in for service later this month and I plan to bring this up. I don’t feel like we should have to put up with worn seats already due to (IMO) a poor design. My concern is that I’ll have holes soon due to the weakened fabric before I added the cover.
Thanks all!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just curious, is anyone else going to try and talk to their dealer about replacement? I know @OrangeStreak didnt have any luck. Mine will be in for service later this month and I plan to bring this up. I don’t feel like we should have to put up with worn seats already due to (IMO) a poor design. My concern is that I’ll have holes soon due to the weakened fabric before I added the cover.
Thanks all!
Tony,
I'm going to contact Ford about the issue and will report back with the result :)

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
What is that coroblast band aid…. I cant find it online, at least the one shown here rather use that. Not a fan of seat or seat belt covers. I run hot lol

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks again to Sid for discovering this problem.

After my Dealer told me this issue is not covered under warranty because it is normal wear and tear, contacted Ford and they said the same. They did record my report into a case and I sent a photo of the damage. If they get enough reports from owners it would be under consideration for warranty coverage.

I prefer a fix that will cover the wear spot as well as prevent any future damage. Did an intense amount of research about upholstery fixes and evidenty an iron on patch would be best. Mostly negative reviews from users of stick on patches and other methods of fabric and upholstery repair.

It appears that Amazon offers the best iron-on patch: Amazon.com: ZEFFFKA Premium Quality Fabric Iron-on Patches Inside & Outside Strongest Glue 100% Cotton Blue Gray Beige Brown Yellow Red Green Repair Decorating Kit 14 Pieces Size 3" by 4-1/4" (7.5 cm x 10.5 cm)
Here is one of the reviews that is attached to it: By R. P. on February 8, 2021 Used the patch on a seat in a 2008 Jeep. Went on easy and a month later still there.

I would probably in addition to covering the worn spot with it, also apply some of it on the inside of the belt where it sets against the seat back for extra protection.

If this doesn't work then I would use a seat belt pad like some of you are doing.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited: