First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I contacted Torrie directly and he said they build the tunes for the specific octane. My goal isn't just more performance, it's more refined shifting as well. (I think I'm repeating myself) My choice of 89 octane is a long term cost/benefit projection based on gas mileage return for incrementally higher octane gas. 87 is the highest mileage per dollar but driveability was better to me with anything higher - unless I found ethanol - free 87 which cost as much as 93. If the tune by some wizardry gives me an increase of MPG then I can justify the whole investment on some future-date savings.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
I just adjusted for tire size difference last night so not enough miles yet to determine MPG change. With the speedo so off, I did not pay any attention to the MPG.
How did you change tire size? Do you have this BDX? Who did your tunes?

1597100475303.png

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
I bought a separate Hypertech unit for tire size. Now that I am doing FORScan stuff, I will likely sell the Hypertech and adjust through FORScan. A little more involved than the hand held Hypertech unit but I am getting better with FORScan and feeling confident I can change the tire size. Maybe. LOL.

I currently have just the stock canned tune from SCT. I am waiting on my SPD high flow cat downpipe and exhaust to come in. I already have a new custom tune from 5-Star waiting to upload after I put on the new downpipe and exhaust.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought a separate Hypertech unit for tire size. Now that I am doing FORScan stuff, I will likely sell the Hypertech and adjust through FORScan. A little more involved than the hand held Hypertech unit but I am getting better with FORScan and feeling confident I can change the tire size. Maybe. LOL.

I currently have just the stock canned tune from SCT. I am waiting on my SPD high flow cat downpipe and exhaust to come in. I already have a new custom tune from 5-Star waiting to upload after I put on the new downpipe and exhaust.
OK, I will see if I can find it in FORScan. I don’t remember anybody posting that mod. It’s not difficult, just need to be careful and make sure you have back-ups.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, I will see if I can find it in FORScan. I don’t remember anybody posting that mod. It’s not difficult, just need to be careful and make sure you have back-ups.
Sorry, never came back and updated. You can change tire size with FORScan, but it’s complicated and throws an error. I haven’t seen anyone escape the error, but I guess you can just ignore it. I set mine back to stock tire size and cleared the error.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Guess I’ll keep the Hypertech tire size change then. No error code with that.
The new SPD downpipe and custom tune has the engine running strong.

Reactions: Doc

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
anyone know if the tire sizes can be changed with the BDX box yet?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
anyone know if the tire sizes can be changed with the BDX box yet?
Yes sir, they just released it a couple weeks ago. Tune your truck to stock tune, update the BDX, retune your truck, then you’re good to go. Just know that the tire size option will NOT appear until you apply a tune to the truck. If you just plug the tuner in and the truck is still on the stock tune, you cannot change the tire size.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yes sir, they just released it a couple weeks ago. Tune your truck to stock tune, update the BDX, retune your truck, then you’re good to go. Just know that the tire size option will NOT appear until you apply a tune to the truck. If you just plug the tuner in and the truck is still on the stock tune, you cannot change the tire size.
I will have to give it a go when I get home tomorrow.
Thx.

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Outstanding, it's about time they released the tire size change. Mine has been running 5mph over since last July. Time to order a Tuner!! Thanks for the heads up!!

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Just updated the tuner. Let’s see if it works.
If it does, I will have a Hypertech Speedo calibrator to sell to anyone who wants to adjust tire size, read and clear DTC’s, or adjust rear gear size. I’ll sell It cheap compared to new or buying the SCT tuner. It works great.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Where on the device is the adjust tire size hidden? Not finding it after update and re-tune.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Where on the device is the adjust tire size hidden? Not finding it after update and re-tune.
I believe you go to program vehicle, then vehicle functions. If that’s not it, I’ll plug mine in in the morning and and double check.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.