PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
Added bonus!

Anyone who wants to purchase now will get a credit towards our tuning services :)

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Added bonus!

Anyone who wants to purchase now will get a credit towards our tuning services :)
I just ordered mine today! Chris took care of me! Thank you Chris.

OP
OP
PandaMotorworks

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I received mine today!! Fast shipping; I ordered on Friday and received it on Monday. Thanks again Chris!

C67AD23E-B9DE-4885-9894-9726F74CFA32.jpeg

Fordstanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 1969 ProStreet Mustang, 94 Lightning, 2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
On the edge of my seat, need a review on

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On the edge of my seat, need a review on
I’m going to play with it on Friday. Between work and it being near 100° outside, I need to wait for a day off.

Fordstanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 1969 ProStreet Mustang, 94 Lightning, 2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Cool. Had their products on my diesels, reliable and user friendly.

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I connected my new SCT BDX tuner to my Ranger tonight and installed the 91 octane tune. OMG, it actually makes a difference in acceleration that you can feel!! I was impressed. I have never tuned any of my cars before and I was skeptical that I would be able to notice a real difference, but I can! I only drove around for about 15 minutes tonight. Driving around in regular traffic seemed normal, but when I step on the gas, it has the power to push me back into my seat that I have not felt before in this Ranger! I was impressed!! This was the stock tune from the SCT BDX tuner. It lets you select the fuel octane of your choice and I selected the 91 octane tune because that's the highest available fuel in my area and what is currently in my tank.

My plan is to eventually add a tune from 5-Start Tuning to this tuner after playing around with this SCT tune for a few weeks or more. I'm sure this is going to have a negative effect on MPG but only because I'm going to be a little heavy on the accelerator. This has really changed the feel of the truck on acceleration. This is my impression so far. I will update after I have more time to drive it around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PandaMotorworks

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I connected my new SCT BDX tuner to my Ranger tonight and installed the 91 octane tune. OMG, it actually makes a difference in acceleration that you can feel!! I was impressed. I have never tuned any of my cars before and I was skeptical that I would be able to notice a real difference, but I can! I only drove around for about 15 minutes tonight. Driving around in regular traffic seemed normal, but when I step on the gas, it has the power to push me back into my seat that I have not felt before in this Ranger! I was impressed!! This was the stock tune from the SCT BDX tuner. It lets you select the fuel octane of your choice and I selected the 91 octane tune because that's the highest available fuel in my area and what is currently in my tank.

My plan is to eventually try the tune from 5-Start Tuning after playing around with this tune for a few weeks or more. I'm sure this is going to have a negative effect on MPG but only because I'm going to be a little heavy on the accelerator. This has really changed the feel of the truck on acceleration. This is my impression so far. I will update after I have more time to drive it around.

Thank you for your review!

We will have our tuning services available mid August!

Whoever is on the fence I'd be happy to help answer any questions or concerns you may have!

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can you put pressure on SCT to hurry up and add tire size to their adjustment options for the Ranger?
That's partly why I will be looking into 5 Star Tuning. They have a purchase option to email you one of their custom tunes that are compatible with these SCT BDX tuners. Chris from Panda Motor Works gave me such a great deal on this tuner that it was cheaper to buy the tuner from him and order the custom tune from 5 Star Tuning. Their tunes allow you to input tire size, or at least you can specify a tire size when you order the tune.

I may also hold off and see what custom tunes Panda Motor Works comes out with. I've been spending money right and left on my truck and I need to slow down. lol.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
That's partly why I will be looking into 5 Star Tuning. They have a purchase option to email you one of their custom tunes that are compatible with these SCT BDX tuners. Chris from Panda Motor Works gave me such a great deal on this tuner that it was cheaper to buy the tuner from him and order the custom tune from 5 Star Tuning. Their tunes allow you to input tire size, or at least you can specify a tire size when you order the tune.

I may also hold off and see what custom tunes Panda Motor Works comes out with. I've been spending money right and left on my truck and I need to slow down. lol.
You're partially correct. If you buy a device and tunes from them, they will go ahead and set tire size for you if said device supports it but currently, the BDX doesn't support this for the Ranger. I ordered my BDX and custom tunes from 5star and spoke to them about it. I've had this device and their tune on my truck since April. Only the nGauge supports this on the Ranger thus far. I also called SCT and they said they work in cycles. They'll release the device for a vehicle (such as our Ranger) with some adjustable items, but not all. Then they'll move on to other things and revisit the vehicle later to develop and add more stuff. Tire size didn't make the first round, so they don't have it as an option yet. You can verify this by going to the SCT website and go to BDX device. Input a vehicle, such as a 2018 Chevy Silverado, then scroll down and look at the list of "What can you adjust". You'll see tire size there for that truck, but you will not see it if you input the Ranger. You'll also see this text:

WHAT YOU CAN ADJUST
Adjustable Options vary for each vehicle and are not available on all vehicles
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.