lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else get a check engine light after installing SCT BDX Canned Time? P0315 cranksensor. Tried to clear it out & went back to factory tune. I even disconnected the battery for an hour & still have it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
lou5560

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else get a check engine light after installing SCT BDX Canned Time? P0315 cranksensor. Tried to clear it out & went back to factory tune. I even disconnected the battery for an hour & still have it.
I fixed it. I went back to stock tune, cleared the dtc, did a cam reset, a crank reset. The light went away. I installed the 93 octane tune & light is gone. Vehicle feels like Sport Mode in D

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I fixed it. I went back to stock tune, cleared the dtc, did a cam reset, a crank reset. The light went away. I installed the 93 octane tune & light is gone. Vehicle feels like Sport Mode in D
Is this the 5 star tune?
And if D feels like sport mode, is sport mode cranked up even sportier?

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
lou5560

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the 5 star tune?
And if D feels like sport mode, is sport mode cranked up even sportier?
No it's not a 5 Star Tune. It is the standard tune that comes from SCT. I went with that because it gets more power but parameters are conservative/safer. You can get tunes that maxout the horsepower but this is my daily driver so I chose conservative. Yes Sport mode is definitely cranked up.

OP
OP
lou5560

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No it's not a 5 Star Tune. It is the standard tune that comes from SCT. I went with that because it gets more power but parameters are conservative/safer. You can get tunes that maxout the horsepower but this is my daily driver so I chose conservative. Yes Sport mode is definitely cranked up.
SCT just released an update for the SCT BDX. I updated my SCT BDX. I loaded the 91 Octane tune & WOW what a difference. It feels like a different vehicle in a very good way. Very happy with the update !

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SCT just released an update for the SCT BDX. I updated my SCT BDX. I loaded the 91 Octane tune & WOW what a difference. It feels like a different vehicle in a very good way. Very happy with the update !
So I just used my BDX for the first time today and loaded the 93 octane tune. Only drove it in drive and it didn't seem much different it actually held 10th gear easier I guess to save gas maybe? And first wasn't this long rev like normal it was quicker I liked that. I'll throw it in sport tomorrow and see how it goes.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PXL_20211205_224324746.MP.jpg
PXL_20211205_224343315.MP.jpg

Is the red part of the update? Every picture I saw showed blue and the box showed blue letters.

Edit: after messing with the settings I found where I could change it to blue.

Last edited:

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After a couple days with the BDX I only.ran the 93 octane tune. The thing rips. Even in drive I made a turn and as I straightened I gave it some throttle without flooring it and I heard the tires squeal and it hooked up! No more long revs in sport mode.

I just got my custom tunes today so I'll be using the 93 performance tomorrow.

The bdx is totally worth the money even just by itself.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Gas prices are crazy now (thanks Joe). What happens if you run 87 octane with one of the tunes in place? Any benefit, or is that ill advised?

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Gas prices are crazy now (thanks Joe). What happens if you run 87 octane with one of the tunes in place? Any benefit, or is that ill advised?
That wouldn’t be recommended. They make “tunes” for 87 octane. It’s best to run the correct tune/file for the fuel you will be using.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody monitoring trans temp?
If so, how? What vehicle did you select when monitoring?
Sponsored