First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
I believe you go to program vehicle, then vehicle functions. If that’s not it, I’ll plug mine in in the morning and and double check.
I had three options under vehicle functions and tire size was not one of them. I will check again tomorrow but pretty sure there were only 3 and definitely tire size was not one.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I found TPMS under special functions but nothing under that to change tire size. Nothing under adjustable options for tire size either. I’m going to de-tune one more time and check for more updates see if that’s it but I updated it after de-tune yesterday.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
According to my live chat with BDX/SCT you cannot adjust the Ranger's tire size with their device. There are some vehicles they have cracked the code to adjust for tire size. The Ranger is not one of them.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
anyone know if the tire sizes can be changed with the BDX box yet?
It cannot be adjusted. I tried all day Sunday and just did a live chat with them. They say no you cannot.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
This is not correct and who ever you spoke to is wrong. I had been checking their site under the Ranger consistently waiting for this to release under the What Can You Adjust section. It finally popped up last month and I updated accordingly. I just went out and grabbed this for you:
90F5DA38-7146-4565-B12F-387AEB0DBEDB.jpeg

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
This is not correct and who ever you spoke to is wrong. I had been checking their site under the Ranger consistently waiting for this to release under the What Can You Adjust section. It finally popped up last month and I updated accordingly. I just went out and grabbed this for you:
Can you try changing yours and see if it changes speedometer? then change it back obviously.
I am curious because previous fords had the "tire size & axle ratio" setting and it was only for part throttle shifting. The ranger may be different now though.

I swear you could do it with forscan though, but don't quote me on it.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you try changing yours and see if it changes speedometer? then change it back obviously.
I am curious because previous fords had the "tire size & axle ratio" setting and it was only for part throttle shifting. The ranger may be different now though.

I swear you could do it with forscan though, but don't quote me on it.
I did change it to be correct with my 33's. It worked perfectly. It literally asked me for tire diameter, in which case I entered 32.7 as that's where my KO2s land. I confirmed the new speedo with GPS and it's spot on.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well it sure does show it on yours. Crazy mine does not and they told me you cannot. Mine shows Kam, Crank, and TPMS but no tire size & gear ratio.
Obliviously the live chat did not know what they were talking about. Just go off the phone with them and they said I should have it. Of course the truck and unit is at my office. I will have to call back in a bit when I am with the truck and tuner.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it sure does show it on yours. Crazy mine does not and they told me you cannot. Mine shows Kam, Crank, and TPMS but no tire size & gear ratio.
Obliviously the live chat did not know what they were talking about. Just go off the phone with them and they said I should have it. Of course the truck and unit is at my office. I will have to call back in a bit when I am with the truck and tuner.
Let me know if I can do anything else to help. You for sure have the ability, just have to figure out why it's not showing up. Maybe we should post version info for the device and the updater software. I'll dig it up here in a few. I'm using Windows FWIW.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Let me know if I can do anything else to help. You for sure have the ability, just have to figure out why it's not showing up. Maybe we should post version info for the device and the updater software. I'll dig it up here in a few. I'm using Windows FWIW.

I’m in the truck now de-tuning it. I’m wondering if it’s because I loaded a custom 93 tune and not the stock SCT canned tune?
I did remove the Hypertech tire size tune so that’s not the issue if it would even be one.
I’ll post the version when it’s done.
Thanks for the assistance btw. Much appreciated.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
That was the problem. Canned tune has it. Custom tune does not.
Now I need to decide if custom tune is worth it and having to use Hypertech for tire size or use canned tune and only 1 device???
E0AE22CC-7595-415C-A8ED-17009BEAF751.jpeg

Last edited:

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
That was the problem. Canned tune has it. Custom tune does not.
Now need to decide if custom tune is worth it and having to use Hypertech for tire size or use canned tune and only 1 device???
E0AE22CC-7595-415C-A8ED-17009BEAF751.jpeg
Can't your tuner just edit your custom tune with your tire info then?

Tuner as in the person that wrote your custom tune
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.