got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Wow!
We can sure trash that guy and his truck.
We see all and know all that's wrong from one piss poor picture.
Now back to the bashing.
Hey I want to get in on the bashing too! His tires are probably not rated for that weight.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I was talking about the rear cab door, since he has a stanchion supported by the side step. Looks like it blocks the rear cab door unless that’s an optical illusion.
Got it - those are odd looking camper jacks - never seen them like that before. It’s likely an illusion but then again, I’ve seen awnings that render a rear cab door useless, so you never know.

OP
OP
Russd

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s another picture. I didn’t mean for him to get criticized ?. I just thought it was cool seeing a ranger with this camper on it.
IMG_5124.jpeg

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
It looks like a hitch mounted carrier with a swing. Good idea but not sure about the overload of it. It’s close for sure..

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
It looks like a hitch mounted carrier with a swing. Good idea but not sure about the overload of it. It’s close for sure..
the last pic really shows it drooping. not good. I bet it gets to moving real good when he hits a bump.

but then again, I bet he can't tell, either.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I like the idea of a slide in, but nothing about that application is appealing to me at all. The math shows it's at or over the payload limit. Aside from that, it looks top and rear heavy, which would make brakes and steering bad on wet roads, hard on the bakes on descents, with big body roll and sway. Then the huge side surface which cross wind would probably push it around a lot. If you are going to putt around on short trips maybe it's acceptable, but has a lot of red flags IMO for a highway or long distance rig.

Take 2-3 feet off the top, lose the bike rack and everything else on the back, and it would be much better. Still if I am doing a slide in, I want a 3/4T at least, ideally a 1T dually. I hope he likes it and is safe enough, that's just my take.
Sponsored