First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Is the truck in that pic parked? Looks like the bike rack support is kissing the ground.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I mulled over buying a slide in camper. Then realized its pretty much the same pitfalls as towing a camper (though not quite as bad). Not worth the price tag for limited maneuverability and a few creature comforts.

About the only off roading he is doing with that setup is at a state park on a gravel pad.

There is a company that makes what is more or less a pop up camper slide in, but they are asking a retarded amount of money. It has the foot print of something like a GFC, but instead of a clam shell open, its all vertical.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Looks like he can’t open his back door.

Reactions: Doc

Max Crafter

Banned
Banned
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Retired
First glance I surmised the size to be equivalent of a wheelchair accessible porta potty with a storage shelf for extra TP.
as a pedestrian, i would be terrified of those support legs grabbing me as they drove past me on the sidewalk. tell me they come off for travel....

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Bike rack is like my dad's, it has a hinge on the right side so you can swing them out of the way to access the back of the truck.
First glance I surmised the size to be equivalent of a wheelchair accessible porta potty with a storage shelf for extra TP.
as a pedestrian, i would be terrified of those support legs grabbing me as they drove past me on the sidewalk. tell me they come off for travel....
I was thinking those should be removed too. If you look at the top bar right at the camper you see a removable pin, so it's very likely they should be stowed in the camper while traveling with it.

Reactions: Doc

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Looking into that more, looks to be the Yoho model, weights 934 (likely dry and before options). I see 3 bikes on that rake, so estimating bikes at 120lb, rack at 75lb and driver at 180lb.... that is already 1309lb... Does the FX4 have that much payload, gotta be close? I guess he did remove the tailgate so that weight removed helps. But, I'd guess that rear mounted diesel heater may be the weight of the tailgate. I'm going to assume they plan to travel with some supplies so that may be too much weight. I'm as guessing with the 3 bikes more than one passenger.... not looking like those numbers are going to work in my head. I guess there could have been another car near by with the rest of the party.

Last edited:

Nomadjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Looking into that more, looks to be the Yoho model, weights 934 (likely dry and before options). I see 3 bikes on that rake, so estimating bikes at 120lb, rack at 75lb and driver at 180lb.... that is already 1309lb... Does the FX4 have that much payload, gotta be close? I guess he did remove the tailgate so that weight removed helps. But, I'd guess that rear mounted diesel heater may be the weight of the tailgate. I'm going to assume they plan to travel with some supplies so that may be too much weight. I'm as guessing with the 3 bikes more than one passenger.... not looking like those numbers are going to work in my head. I guess there could have been another car near by with the rest of the party.
My Lariat FX4 has a payload of 1460lbs so there is a little head room but less than I'd like personally.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It swings away, like spare tire racks swing away…

IMG_4112.jpeg

but the bikes would be “right there” and you’d likely catch the handle bars in the crotch and go ass over tea cart over the bikes - spilling your beer.

For that reason, I’m out!

Last edited:

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
I'd bet a beer and chicken wings (you know I'm serious!) that truck is over loaded.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
It swings away, like spare tire racks swing away…

IMG_4112.jpeg

but the bikes would be “right there” and you’d likely catch the handle bars in the crotch and go ass over tea cart over the bikes - spilling your beer.

For that reason, I’m out!
I was talking about the rear cab door, since he has a stanchion supported by the side step. Looks like it blocks the rear cab door unless that’s an optical illusion.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
bike rack is overloaded, too.

you can see it drooping in the pic. that swingout attachment extends it too far from the rear bumper, honestly.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Wow!
We can sure trash that guy and his truck.
We see all and know all that's wrong from one piss poor picture.
Now back to the bashing.
Sponsored