Salvaged and Damaged 2019 Ford Rangers For Sale on Copart

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
I've purchased three salvaged vehicles, 2 cars and an SUV. All were repaired and purchased from AutoSource in Utah (autosource.com). AutoSource came down $500 from the asking price but no more. The purchase/registration/insurance experience was problem-free. Each saved several thousand dollars from a non-wrecked counterpart. Each were titled in either NV, CA, or WY and each had rebuilt or salvage printed on the title. As was said, it depends on the state. There were no issues with my insurance company. Check with your insurance company before you buy. All were problem-free and I've since sold all three, and all are still on the road; one with 135K, one with 110K, and one with 100K miles (I know the buyers).

If you go this route know you should expect to keep the vehicle a long time, as a rebuilt it may be difficult to sell. It's a good way to buy a first car for your teenager. After repair have an alignment shop give it a good look-over and check the tie-rods/ends and suspension for non repaired damage. I replaced one vehicle's tie rods due to slight damage. Was not worth a possible break on the highway. Except for the emission warranty, the manufacture will not warranty any part of the vehicle (safety recalls excepted). If you try to chase down the vehicle's history or owner (I did because I wanted the extra $300 key) using the VIN,; neither the manufacture or dealer will provide the original buyer's name due to privacy law issues. Being the super-sluth I am I was able to find the original owner of one of the vehicles but was unable to get in contact with them. The selling dealer provided information about the vehicle tho. It "quit on the freeway" (accident I presume) and the engine was replaced with a crate engine 500 miles before I bought it with 7,200 miles.
Sponsored

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I've purchased three salvaged vehicles, 2 cars and an SUV. All were repaired and purchased from AutoSource in Utah (autosource.com). AutoSource came down $500 from the asking price but no more. The purchase/registration/insurance experience was problem-free. Each saved several thousand dollars from a non-wrecked counterpart. Each were titled in either NV, CA, or WY and each had rebuilt or salvage printed on the title. As was said, it depends on the state. There were no issues with my insurance company. Check with your insurance company before you buy. All were problem-free and I've since sold all three, and all are still on the road; one with 135K, one with 110K, and one with 100K miles (I know the buyers).

If you go this route know you should expect to keep the vehicle a long time, as a rebuilt it may be difficult to sell. It's a good way to buy a first car for your teenager. After repair have an alignment shop give it a good look-over and check the tie-rods/ends and suspension for non repaired damage. I replaced one vehicle's tie rods due to slight damage. Was not worth a possible break on the highway. Except for the emission warranty, the manufacture will not warranty any part of the vehicle (safety recalls excepted). If you try to chase down the vehicle's history or owner (I did because I wanted the extra $300 key) using the VIN,; neither the manufacture or dealer will provide the original buyer's name due to privacy law issues. Being the super-sluth I am I was able to find the original owner of one of the vehicles but was unable to get in contact with them. The selling dealer provided information about the vehicle tho. It "quit on the freeway" (accident I presume) and the engine was replaced with a crate engine 500 miles before I bought it with 7,200 miles.
All good points. I've rebuilt a few myself. You are right that they can be difficult to sell. People get all witchy about it. But if it's a car that you are going to keep and drive for a while, it's a great way to save some coin.

I was able to identify our Escape's previous owner through the phone name stored in Bluetooth settings. I too wanted the other key. But I never could get her to write me back.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Jebus, looks like someone tried to fold that second one into a taco.
And yet the passenger cabin is untouched. I bet the occupants walked away with minor injuries.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
And yet the passenger cabin is untouched. I bet the occupants walked away with minor injuries.
That is impressive - that looked like a hard rear end and they ended up running into something up front too.

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Those tail lights are made of glass! Seriously brittle plastic for something that is in such a high risk spot.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase