Safety Recall 19S43 - Select 2019 MY Ranger Vehicles Rear Lamps Issue

spike36ff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I have not had this issue but might print that recall out and put in my truck in case I have the issue and don't know a tail lights out and get stopped by the police! Might help, might not? To the few here on this forum that have had tail light issues does the truck alert that a tail light is out, or both are out? Or is the alert the flashing lights on the car behind you. Lol

I actually drove my truck for about 2 weeks before someone finally flagged me down. Even worse dealer drove my truck from another dealer then drove it 40 miles runs trip to get bed sprayed prior to me picking it up. Thinking back on it they were out went I went to get it. The turn signal indicator was rapidly blinking, at the time I didn’t think anything of it. I thought maybe it was a Ford thing since I hadn’t owned a Ford in years.
Sponsored

spike36ff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Guys, I just received the recall notice via Ford Pass. I had not noticed any problem, but then, since it can be intermittent, how would I know unless the cars behind me started honking (more than usual)? Since this is a safety issue, I will definitely take it to the dealer this weekend to have it looked at and would recommend that all members who get the notice (of the letter) do the same....
You will get a rapid flash on your turn signal indicator. Also the way my mirrors are I can see the glare from the drivers side brake and turn lights.

spike36ff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Took my '19 Lariat to the dealer yesterday for a radio problem, the SXM will not select. My service advisor called me and said I should come in this morning for a loaner car He said getting the parts might take a few days AND there's a recall regarding the tail lights. When I got there they had a 2020 XLT ready for me and the service guy told me it could be a month or more until I can get my truck back because the tail light fix was on back order! I told him that's ridiculous and I'd bring it back when they had the part.
Nope, he said, can't let you have your truck until it's fixed as we'd be liable if the brake lights went out and there was an accident.
Really???
Now to be sure, I'm glad they didn't give me some little shitbox for a loaner, but I am paying for a loaded Lariat with Navi and leather and I'm in a pretty basic XLT. No garage door opener and no window sticker that opens the gate at work. So do I have a complaint there? This IS an inconvenience. Maybe Ford owes me some cash for my troubles. Not sure if I should just say OK and be quiet or make a stink. What do you all think?
Hell my dealer let me drive off their lot with them out. I didn’t realize it at the time, we had gone for dinner straight from the dealer and thinking back on it I had the rapid turn signal indicator. I remember thinking that’s odd but I thought maybe it was a Ford thing. I hadn’t owned a Ford in years. Drove my truck for two weeks like that till someone flagged me down.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
You will get a rapid flash on your turn signal indicator. Also the way my mirrors are I can see the glare from the drivers side brake and turn lights.
As things turned out, I had an emergency at work and had to cancel the appointment at my dealer's shop to have the lights checked. However, several days later, I noticed that on a rainy day when it is still dark out, I can see the red flashing lights' reflection on the road behind the truck, letting me know that everything is all right, at least for now. This gives me enough confidence in the system to wait until I receive the actual hard-copy letter in January before taking it in again, at which time I can get an oil change, tire rotation, and several other useful tasks taken care of at the same time.

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
I rec notice via Ford pass also - Manufactured in July 2019 and delivered to me in August. Passed inspection while I had my first oil change - No prior notice of taillight problems. Now I need to crawl under to look see if I can find where it was checked and buttoned up.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My Ranger was recall issue checked today and it was not in the 2% that have the problem.

IdriveG5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
I wonder why the recall is only vehicles built up til August, how they addressed builds after that? Reason I say this, mine was built in october 19 and I was in bumper to bumper traffic at crawling speed and all of a sudden got the 1-2 mph hitch tap from some young kid not paying attention! Now I wonder if my brake lights did not work. Also if ford is not making a complete accurate fix!

Now im leary of driving this thing with the whole family loaded up in.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder why the recall is only vehicles built up til August, how they addressed builds after that? Reason I say this, mine was built in october 19 and I was in bumper to bumper traffic at crawling speed and all of a sudden got the 1-2 mph hitch tap from some young kid not paying attention! Now I wonder if my brake lights did not work. Also if ford is not making a complete accurate fix!

Now im leary of driving this thing with the whole family loaded up in.
The young kid was probably texting.

spike36ff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I hope that is all it was!
Turn your lights on and have a buddy watch your tail lights. Then crawl under your truck, right under the drivers seat along the frame rail you’ll see a pretty big connector. Wiggle it and see if lights flicker or go out.

IdriveG5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
Turn your lights on and have a buddy watch your tail lights. Then crawl under your truck, right under the drivers seat along the frame rail you’ll see a pretty big connector. Wiggle it and see if lights flicker or go out.
Thanks! Tried this, seems fine.

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger, 1997 BMW Z3, 2010 VW Tiguan
I was in for something else in Milwaukee and mentioned the recall thinking that they would just check the connector and let me know if it was subject to the needed replacement. They told me that they had to cut the wires to check? As a result they told me to wait until they had the parts. That doesn’t seem to make sense to me as that would mean replacing 100% of the connectors. Guess I’ll be waiting until they get their parts. I thought I had seen where peop had checked their own connectors and determined if a pin was bent or loose?Guess we’ll see. Haven’t had any problems. Wouldn’t think they would want to cut and splice all these.

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My lights have been working fine. I'm actually more worried about them cutting into the harness and causing problems that weren't there to begin with. Any suggestions on how to clear that concern with the dealership? Should I even be worried?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
My lights have been working all this time.
I'm at the dealer now for the last three hours getting the recall carried out.
I can only assume at this length of time they're completely replacing my connector...
Wouldn't bet on it, there was nothing wrong with my connector or my seat belt,
Time needed to do the inspection...less than10 minutes
Appointment Friday 10AM, released to me when done 4:25PM.
I dropped it off on time and returned at 2:30PM, it had not been moved.

When they saw me, they took it into the shop, but not into a work bay.
After waiting over an hour and thirty minutes I insisted that they either inspect the truck or give it back,
.as I was not going to leave it over the weekend and they were about to close at 4:30PM.
Finally! They did the job and released the truck.
That was about 2 weeks ago and it has still not shown up as done on FordPass.

Now there's another sad story...

After many attempts to join and use FordPass from May until November, I finally got it to PARTIALLY work on November 12.
After sales tried a couple times and failed , I went to my PC to try, repeatedly then to the service department without success.
Finally after several calls, I spent an hour and ten minutes on the phone with a Rep from FordPass.
This wonderful and patiently determined lady stuck with me until she apparently got it to work.
I can now start the truck and lock it, even look at the levels. It will not however display any function under the account choice.
I have not yet received my purchase points, and had to file a case to get them to acknowledge them.

I am REALLY glad that there has been nothing wrong with my truck!

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
I had mine done on 12/26. they cut the harness, used meter. taped harness good and tight .tech said all was good but was required to cut and meter connections.shame but its done.ps two dats leter the red noticewas no longer my fordpass app!!
Sponsored