Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

Dale

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape & 2010 Fusion
Mine was a SuperCab ordered on 1/31 and it's in production. I would definitely check with the dealer. I've had a VIN number for 6 weeks now.
I just got back from the dealer.My sales guy was with a customer so the front desk sent me to the guy who orders. The only thing I got out of the conversation was he told me the rational rep said it would be built in April. My sales rep told me the same thing three weeks ago so we’ll see. I did not sign anything at the time.I didn’t find that odd but I did give them a check for a down payment. I’ve dealt with them for years so I don’t expect a problem getting my money back if the April build is BS and I buy a Tacoma
Sponsored

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I just got back from the dealer.My sales guy was with a customer so the front desk sent me to the guy who orders. The only thing I got out of the conversation was he told me the rational rep said it would be built in April. My sales rep told me the same thing three weeks ago so we’ll see. I did not sign anything at the time.I didn’t find that odd but I did give them a check for a down payment. I’ve dealt with them for years so I don’t expect a problem getting my money back if the April build is BS and I buy a Tacoma
Why can't they give you a VIN if they know it's scheduled to be built in April?

TGinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flagstaffactionshooters.org
Vehicle(s)
Sold '96 Ford Ranger to get a '19 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I'm really concerned about my delivery date.... the dealer has been saying "Mid April" for a long time now. But every time I look at the tracking site (1FTER4FH2KLA24835), the only thing that changes is the "delivered in 2 days".... how can it still be "In Production" and be delivered on Sunday???

Capture.JPG

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really concerned about my delivery date.... the dealer has been saying "Mid April" for a long time now. But every time I look at the tracking site (1FTER4FH2KLA24835), the only thing that changes is the "delivered in 2 days".... how can it still be "In Production" and be delivered on Sunday???

Capture.JPG
Have @Pioneer74 check Vehicle Visibility if your dealer can't.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

Capture.JPG
Your situation looks suspisiously like the "quality hold" issues that plagued a few builds in February. Mine was built the same day and arrived at my dealer today. The original delivery date was 4/13 - got it one day early. Here is what my tracking screen looks like:
TrackingScreenshot.png

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
I got a VIN today of 1FTER1EH9KLA48095. Order date was 3/19 dealer says build date of 5/2 with delivery of 5/18. Does this sound correct? Can you ad my info to the list. Thanks Bret

Dale

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape & 2010 Fusion
Why can't they give you a VIN if they know it's scheduled to be built in April?
He didn’t have an answer for that when I pressed him with what I read in the forum. I was told it should be built within two weeks after he gets a schedule so for all that to be true means he would have to have a schedule early next week.He seemed very frustrated with how Ford is handlings this launch whereby they are pushing retail orders behind stock orders. He said he changed mine to a stock order but it had no affect so said he.Its a pretty bad decision on Fords part assuming the practice is true. They must assume there is enough nostalgic former Ranger owners that they can get away with it. I just want a nice mid size truck 4x4 with a 6 foot bed so there are plenty of options.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer has been quite uncommunicative and many of my questions are either unanswered or answered with foggy replies.
what dealer did you go with?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
@rangerdanger you can mark me as delivered next time you do an update. Even though I haven't picked it up yet, I do have confirmation:

15606.jpeg

The salesman was getting the PDI done today and I will pick it up on Sunday.

Last edited:

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Capture.JPG
If it is like my original order, when it gets to the delivery date, it starts adding 1 day, every day, to the delivery date. My order was built 03/08/2019 and is still in production, adding a day to the delivery date every day when the tracker updates. I ended up buying one off the lot of another dealer last week. I lost out on the $750 pre-order and paid for a couple options I did not need. The ROVP program was the reason I pre-ordered and it turned out to be nothing more than a lot of BS. What sucks, is I was strung along by the tracker, lost out on another $750 with the private cash offer that expired April 1st. When Ford has quality issues, they shouldn't make the customer suffer for it. Funny thing is, I was the first Ranger ordered at the largest dealer in my area, and all their dealer orders were delivered and sitting on the lot, while my order is still "in production". Oh well, I am sure it will be a nice truck for someone if they ever fix whatever is wrong with it and ship it.

TGinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flagstaffactionshooters.org
Vehicle(s)
Sold '96 Ford Ranger to get a '19 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
.... When Ford has quality issues, they shouldn't make the customer suffer for it. Funny thing is, I was the first Ranger ordered at the largest dealer in my area, and all their dealer orders were delivered and sitting on the lot, while my order is still "in production". Oh well, I am sure it will be a nice truck for someone if they ever fix whatever is wrong with it and ship it.
I got to drive one from my dealer... and when I offered to buy it if they would deal, they said MSRP only. That one is long gone, and there are three on the lot right now... none with what I want. And I certainly am not happy that mine seems to be stuck someplace and I don't know why. I'm going to give them a little more time and then demand my deposit back and buy a Tacoma.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Did they get a copy of your driver's licence? It sounds as lot like they don't know how to process the order. I'd say there's no way it'll get built in April if you don't have a vin yet. But I also would never get a Tacoma instead.
Sponsored