First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I had my local Brakes Plus do the install and it was $176.00 which included the alignment. I was lucky because one of my supply managers has had a lot of work done there on his Jeep and there's also a couple off road guys who work there. As I've got older some things just aren't as fun anymore and this was one of them. It wasn't worth my time or aggravation for that price. :)
I am going to do the same thing. I have a shop close by that I trust. I used to do everything myself. But I agree with you. Not worth my time or aggravation.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I am going to do the same thing. I have a shop close by that I trust. I used to do everything myself. But I agree with you. Not worth my time or aggravation.

I had a few friends back east who were very mechanically inclined so if I got myself into a bind I could count on them to come bail me out. I don't have that luxury since I moved out here and for $176.00 $273.00 (which includes the alignment) it was money well spent. I use to love diving into projects and figuring things out but not so much anymore. Heck I had a place back east that would rotate my tires for $10.00,no way I was wasting my time doing it. The old guy that owned the place would walk around with a wad of cash in his front pockets from all the people coming in his shop giving him cash. ?

Last edited:

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I had a few friends back east who were very mechanically inclined so if I got myself into a bind I could count on them to come bail me out. I don't have that luxury since I moved out here and for $176.00 (which includes the alignment) it was money well spent. I use to love diving into projects and figuring things out but not so much anymore. Heck I had a place back east that would rotate my tires for $10.00,no way I was wasting my time doing it. The old guy that owned the place would walk around with a wad of cash in his front pockets from all the people coming in his shop giving him cash. ?
[/QUOTE
I had a few friends back east who were very mechanically inclined so if I got myself into a bind I could count on them to come bail me out. I don't have that luxury since I moved out here and for $176.00 (which includes the alignment) it was money well spent. I use to love diving into projects and figuring things out but not so much anymore. Heck I had a place back east that would rotate my tires for $10.00,no way I was wasting my time doing it. The old guy that owned the place would walk around with a wad of cash in his front pockets from all the people coming in his shop giving him cash. ?
$176 total?!? Wow. I would definitely paid that as yes while it’s’fun’ working on your own vehicle sometimes its better to draw the line and have someone else do it! Shops around me said 250-400..

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
$176 total?!? Wow. I would definitely paid that as yes while it’s’fun’ working on your own vehicle sometimes its better to draw the line and have someone else do it! Shops around me said 250-400..
:headbang: Sorry my fingers were typing faster than my brain yesterday! The total including the alignment was $273.00. Still not a bad price considering the alignment is $70.00.

LegacyRanger

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
Ok. Success. RC 2.5 is installed....not without a bit of CV drama though. Even with removing the axle nut and freeing up the axle it still came out on the drivers side for both removal and reinstall......both times took 15-20 minutes to finally pop it back in....I was actually a bit worried during the reinstall.
This is a tough job for one person and I would recommend having a buddy help out if you are doing it.
I changed from a ReadyLift 2 inch kit - which I did by removing the LCA’s - that only gave me 1.5 inches. This RC gave me a true 2.5 inches and I am within 1/4 of level. Much happier with it. Still gotta get and alignment in the next week or so.

BD8406CD-3953-492E-A353-E3E6EB557022.jpeg

Hey Alan,

Have any pics of the ReadyLift vs the RC kits at the same angle you could post side by side for comparison? Might help some of us make a more informed decision about which one suits our individual needs better. I currently have the ReadyLift kit still in the box trying to decide. haha.

Thanks!

Last edited:

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Alan,

Have any pics of the ReadyLift vs the RC kits at the same angle you could post for comparison? Might help some of us make a more informed decision about which one suits our individual needs better. I currently have the ReadyLift kit still in the box trying to decide. haha.

Thanks!
Here is stock, ReadyLift 2 inch, and Rough Country 2.5 inch pictures.
I was initially happy with the ReadyLift and as I’ve said before it gave me no more than 1.5 inches, leaving a full 1 inch rake. Everytime I’d look at it on flat ground I wished for another .5 inch minimum.
Pictures are sometimes deceiving as the angle plays a big role in the look.
The Rough Country gave me a full 2.5 inches and I am now within a 1/4 inch of level - I have to believe a 3 inch kit would make the front higher than the rear - at least on mine it would.
Ugh - couldnt get the pics in the right order - top=RC, middle=stock, bottom=ReadyLift

8C1F0C67-EFBA-4356-AC53-6EBF67091307.jpeg

BF08A2EB-0E6C-4681-BB86-3B936FB8FD38.jpeg

42908BB0-1AED-420B-8731-C99CCF44AA30.jpeg

LegacyRanger

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
Here is stock, ReadyLift 2 inch, and Rough Country 2.5 inch pictures.
I was initially happy with the ReadyLift and as I’ve said before it gave me no more than 1.5 inches, leaving a full 1 inch rake. Everytime I’d look at it on flat ground I wished for another .5 inch minimum.
Pictures are sometimes deceiving as the angle plays a big role in the look.
The Rough Country gave me a full 2.5 inches and I am now 1/4 inch level - I have to believe a 3 inch kit would make the front higher than the rear - at least on mine it would.

8C1F0C67-EFBA-4356-AC53-6EBF67091307.jpeg

BF08A2EB-0E6C-4681-BB86-3B936FB8FD38.jpeg

42908BB0-1AED-420B-8731-C99CCF44AA30.jpeg

Great! Thanks for these pics. I agree that angle of the pics makes a difference but I think I now prefer the 2.5 inch kit. Has been hard to see different trucks with different kits but thanks to you I can now look at the same truck and compare. Definitely helpful. :thumbsup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Great! Thanks for these pics. I agree that angle of the pics makes a difference but I think I now prefer the 2.5 inch kit. Has been hard to see different trucks with different kits but thanks to you I can now look at the same truck and compare. Definitely helpful. :thumbsup:
I think the 2.5" is the perfect one. It leaves you just enough rake so if you do haul a heavy load it should still be level and won't leave the front end to high.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I had a few friends back east who were very mechanically inclined so if I got myself into a bind I could count on them to come bail me out. I don't have that luxury since I moved out here and for $176.00 $273.00 (which includes the alignment) it was money well spent. I use to love diving into projects and figuring things out but not so much anymore. Heck I had a place back east that would rotate my tires for $10.00,no way I was wasting my time doing it. The old guy that owned the place would walk around with a wad of cash in his front pockets from all the people coming in his shop giving him cash. ?
I just made an appointment for this Wednesday morning, 5/6/20. $287.35 total, including the alignment. You got a better deal but I am not complaining. Pretty excited to get it done.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I just made an appointment for this Wednesday morning, 5/6/20. $287.35 total, including the alignment. You got a better deal but I am not complaining. Pretty excited to get it done.

That's still a really good price,it's only $14.00 more than I paid. I had to edit my post as I thought the total was $176.00 but that was just for the level instal. It was $273.00 for everything which I still fell is a good price and not having the aggravation of doing it myself. I know with my luck there would've been problems. lol Hope yours goes well and let us know how it turns out. Post some pics too!

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the 2.5 kit. And yep the CV came apart while dropping the a-arm to get the shock out of place. My advice pay someone.
How did you get it fixed?

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
jacked up the a-arm. And manhandled it back in place. CV boot is shot. But everything else worked out.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My 2019 XLT 4x2 with the RC 2.5” Leveling kit. Looks way better.

DC0E9172-F803-46FE-9335-650DD50CEA9A.jpeg