First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just now put mine on. The look is great. I took it to Pep Boys to get it aligned and they told me that they canā€™t do it because I put the level kit on and they only know how to put it to factory specs. Sounds weird to me. Any suggestions on where to take it for alignment that wonā€™t feed me a line?

I had mine done at Brakes Plus. I know a few guys who have Jeeps that have had some work done there and also the manager there is big into off roading so I was lucky they knew what they were doing.

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I ended up taking it to my Ford dealer. At first the person behind the counter was like, ā€˜I donā€™t know if we can do it since you leveled itā€™ and the girl next to him who works there as well told him, ā€˜itā€™s just an alignmentā€™. Needless to say they took care of it and I was only charged $69.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
I ended up taking it to my Ford dealer. At first the person behind the counter was like, ā€˜I donā€™t know if we can do it since you leveled itā€™ and the girl next to him who works there as well told him, ā€˜itā€™s just an alignmentā€™. Needless to say they took care of it and I was only charged $69.
Did they give or show you the post alignment spec sheet? If so, can you tell me what your camber is for both sides? I ended up with a little positive.

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Unfortunately, I did not see it and am not sure. It looks right to me just on a visual inspection.

GAPiT

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 XL FX4
Occupation
Big drone stuff
I just got this kit in the mail the other day. Like others have said, the hardware is mediocre and it's a bit of a PITA to press the studs into the spacers. But hey, it's cheap.

Were you guys able to install it without removing studs from the bottom of the strut?

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Did they give or show you the post alignment spec sheet? If so, can you tell me what your camber is for both sides? I ended up with a little positive.
I just got this kit in the mail the other day. Like others have said, the hardware is mediocre and it's a bit of a PITA to press the studs into the spacers. But hey, it's cheap.

Were you guys able to install it without removing studs from the bottom of the strut?
I just picked up my truck 2 weeks ago and I just installed my Rough Country kit last weekend. If I was to do it again I would press out the bottom studs before re-installation. Even with the axles nuts removed and the axles pushed back through the hubs I really had to put a lot of force on the lower control arm to fit the strut assembly back in. Also ensure that you push the axles back through the hubs. I did this

I just installed this kit last weekend. If you've removed the axle nut and pushed the axle through the hub It's doable with the bottom studs still in the strut assembly. With that said, you really need to push the lower control arm way down to fit the assembly in. If I was to do it again i'd press the studs out and re-install once in place. Be careful with the cv joints, they slip out way to easy. Even with mine pushed back into the hub but not fully pulled back through, all the movement from installing the strut assembly caused the joint to slip out and I had to press and rotate it back into place.

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I don't have my report in front of me but I ended up with some positive camber after alignment as well. I believe i'm at .3 degrees of positive camber, visually it looks a lot better than it did after I installed my leveling kit. My Toe was actually off worse than my camber. They also needed to re-calibrate my lane departure camera after the alignment.
I can get you all the numbers later if your'e curious.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't have my report in front of me but I ended up with some positive camber after alignment as well. I believe i'm at .3 degrees of positive camber, visually it looks a lot better than it did after I installed my leveling kit. My Toe was actually off worse than my camber. They also needed to re-calibrate my lane departure camera after the alignment.
I can get you all
the numbers later if your'e curious.
I've never heard of anyone having to do this? I have the same level kit and the only thing I needed to adjust were the headlights. I only use the lane assist on the highway but it works perfect.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've never heard of anyone having to do this? I have the same level kit and the only thing I needed to adjust were the headlights. I only use the lane assist on the highway but it works perfect.
I agree.

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
It came as a surprise to me too.... I trust the shop so the bit extra they charged me to do it I'm ok with.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
I can get you all the numbers later if your'e curious.

.3 is exactly what I ended up with so no worries on finding the spec sheet. The camber was the only one they couldn't get back to 0.

My lane departure hasn't needed any adjustment though. I dont use it often but when I have its been as good as before.

GAPiT

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 XL FX4
Occupation
Big drone stuff
I just picked up my truck 2 weeks ago and I just installed my Rough Country kit last weekend. If I was to do it again I would press out the bottom studs before re-installation. Even with the axles nuts removed and the axles pushed back through the hubs I really had to put a lot of force on the lower control arm to fit the strut assembly back in. Also ensure that you push the axles back through the hubs. I did this

I just installed this kit last weekend. If you've removed the axle nut and pushed the axle through the hub It's doable with the bottom studs still in the strut assembly. With that said, you really need to push the lower control arm way down to fit the assembly in. If I was to do it again i'd press the studs out and re-install once in place. Be careful with the cv joints, they slip out way to easy. Even with mine pushed back into the hub but not fully pulled back through, all the movement from installing the strut assembly caused the joint to slip out and I had to press and rotate it back into place.
Hey thanks for the info, I'll just press the studs out of the bottom of the strut and go from there. Should be able to knock it out next weekend. Thanks again!

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I just realized my first reply is all disjointed. I thought I had deleted my initial response before rewriting it, apparently I just lumped it all together in one response, it looks all weird....

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I know some of this has been discussed but Iā€™m gonna ask this as maybe there have been others that have done the install themselves recently that can offer information.
Iā€™m installing the RC kit this weekend. Iā€™m going to remove the axle nut.
- help me understand after removing the axle nut what to do. Does the axle just slide back through the hub?
- after the strut install, do you just slide the axle back through
Might be a basic question but I like to know ahead of time what Iā€™m getting into.
Thanks.
Sponsored