Rock Sliders

Paparoscoe

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Shrock works is DOA now.....interested in what peoples experiences with other manufacturers are? Have been eyeballing expedition one or rocky road. Shipping $ is a jagged pill that I am struggling with swallowing. White knuckle is within pick distance but not crazy about their mounting style. Any personal experience/insight with true rock sliders for the Ranger would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Shrock works is DOA now.....interested in what peoples experiences with other manufacturers are? Have been eyeballing expedition one or rocky road. Shipping $ is a jagged pill that I am struggling with swallowing. White knuckle is within pick distance but not crazy about their mounting style. Any personal experience/insight with true rock sliders for the Ranger would be appreciated.
I have the White Knuckle. They take a beating. Well worth it and, if you can save the shipping, you are a step ahead!

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
Few of us running Hot Metal Fab sliders. Free shipping came out $450 less than the next cheapest option. Got mine for $1050 shipped.

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger
I have Rocky Road super sliders with the kick out. I love them. They are heavy. I don’t remember what they weigh. But they will stand up to the abuse. I ran them on my Cherokee too and they were awesome.

The shipping was about 3 months. They don’t build them until you order them so be prepared to wait.

Paparoscoe

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the White Knuckle. They take a beating. Well worth it and, if you can save the shipping, you are a step ahead!
Roger that...only an hour or so away from their shop....not crazy about the way they mount....but everyone that has them give them high praise.....do you have any pictures of them mounted?

Paparoscoe

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have Rocky Road super sliders with the kick out. I love them. They are heavy. I don’t remember what they weigh. But they will stand up to the abuse. I ran them on my Cherokee too and they were awesome.

The shipping was about 3 months. They don’t build them until you order them so be prepared to wait.
Definitely on my radar.....liking the looks of the super slider with kick out fully plated....how was the mounting process?....is it rivet nuts, self trappers, or something else?

Paparoscoe

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Few of us running Hot Metal Fab sliders. Free shipping came out $450 less than the next cheapest option. Got mine for $1050 shipped.
Now there's a slider that I haven't looked into.....thanks for the input....do you have any pictures of them on the site?

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger
Definitely on my radar.....liking the looks of the super slider with kick out fully plated....how was the mounting process?....is it rivet nuts, self trappers, or something else?
They are self tappers. They do take some time to drill the holes to prevent getting the frame too hot and hardening the steel. Slow drill speeds and drill oil are the key.

I saw another forum member took them to a shop and had them welded on.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Roger that...only an hour or so away from their shop....not crazy about the way they mount....but everyone that has them give them high praise.....do you have any pictures of them mounted?
I don't but I can get some later today. They sandwich the frame, bolts over/under/through, but no holes have to be drilled.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
10-4...copy that.....do you have any pictures of them mounted?
I posted them somewhere here on the forum awhile back but got a new phone so I don't have them handy. There is another thread about rock sliders pics, its a white ranger

Mine are the ones with kick out, DOM outer tube and full diamond plate top. Have not moved since mounted and have taken several bumps and jacked from them

Paparoscoe

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are self tappers. They do take some time to drill the holes to prevent getting the frame too hot and hardening the steel. Slow drill speeds and drill oil are the key.

I saw another forum member took them to a shop and had them welded on.
Thanks for the advice with the installation. Will keep that in mind if go this route
I don't but I can get some later today. They sandwich the frame, bolts over/under/through, but no holes have to be drilled.
The mounting is pretty clear to me. Think their website details it pretty good. I'll look again at the Ranger pictures. Seems like 100s of tacos and only a couple of the Ranger.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I am waiting for Rocky Road Outfitters to make sliders. I've used their sliders on Jeeps before and they are very nice. If I lived in Utah, I would offer to let them use my truck for prototyping.

https://www.rocky-road.com/ford-ranger-rock-sliders.html
I have these on order from Rocky Road Outfitters. I ordered on December 6th last year. I still don't have them. They did say they are in production???? I think they are the best looking ones. I got them with the kickouts too. I am patiently waiting.
Sponsored