Rock Sliders

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
pulled the trigger on the Shrockworks sliders ...
Sliders are to arrive tomorrow afternoon ... looking forward to them.
What tipped me to choosing the Shrockworks was that they are DOM which is presumably stronger. Couldn't tell what RR does.
Sponsored

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shrockworks sliders came today.

Any thoughts on repairing a scratch in powder coat?

20200806_165306.jpg

Sandman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Screw FX4

20200806_165306.jpg
I just hit mine with spray paint but that may not be what you're looking for lol. That sucks if that happened during shipment.

FokalPoint

First Name
Dylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport FX4 | 2019 Kia Stinger GT1
Occupation
Marketing

20200806_165306.jpg
Probably wouldn't worry about it because you'll never really see it and it's going to just get more messed up over time if it's doing it's job.

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably wouldn't worry about it because you'll never really see it and it's going to just get more messed up over time if it's doing it's job.
Yeah, I get that. I just prefer that new products start out new.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner

20200806_165306.jpg
My brother ordered a front bar for his xterra from them a couple years ago and the powdercoat got damaged during shipping.
After contacting them, Within a couple days a can or two of a powder coat touch up paint had arrived, but they contacted a local powdercoater to pick up the bar and have it completely recoated anyway.
I would let them know, I'm sure they'd at least send you some touch up paint, which would be nice to have either way.
Or at the very least they might be able to tell you a certain type of paint that would match the coating.

Sandman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On mine the DOM part you can use as a step is all scratched up with surface scratches from the dirt on the bottom of shoes and then the bottom of the square section is covered in deep scratches that have been spray painted. Better than having doors that won't open or close properly.

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Cultivation technician II
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to order the shrockworks! Hopefully they get here by my birthday in September.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I decided to order the shrockworks! Hopefully they get here by my birthday in September.
Our order took exactly 4 weeks. It all just depends on their backlog. Regardless... they are top notch quality.. you'll love 'em.

Maltese

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX & XLT Ranger
I'm a little bummed with shrock right now, contacted their support 2 weeks ago and still haven't got an answer back... I bought these to protect my rig off-road and have additional jack points with my high lift. Install went smoothly, but when I tested out the high lift, the sliders flex and then hit the cab, a real pointy spot on the dimple plate option I selected dented my cab, so I'm not sure I'm totally sold on the design or Shrock's after care.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
I'm a little bummed with shrock right now, contacted their support 2 weeks ago and still haven't got an answer back... I bought these to protect my rig off-road and have additional jack points with my high lift. Install went smoothly, but when I tested out the high lift, the sliders flex and then hit the cab, a real pointy spot on the dimple plate option I selected dented my cab, so I'm not sure I'm totally sold on the design or Shrock's after care.
interesting... I've used a hi-lift on mine, though I didn't lift it up super high, and I don't have the dimple plates on mine... but they were nowhere close to hitting the body.

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm having trouble with "after the sale" communications as well.

Sandman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have lifted my truck by the slider with my hi lift and they do flex and come extremely close to touching the body. Im talking like millimeters. I also have the step plate which supposedly stiffens them up.
Sponsored