Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Cultivation technician II
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to send Shrockworks some pics - after seeing the latest thoughts in this thread, I inspected the install a little more carefully. Found driver front end to be only an eighth of an inch from the pinch-weld. I don't think that will do the trick with all this flexing y'all are talking about.
1597191422736.png

kinda concerned about the space midway too:
1597191472215.png

on the passenger side, I can slip my fingers in there a bit - not on driver side tho.
I got my shrockworks sliders yesterday and installed this morning with the same
I'm going to send Shrockworks some pics - after seeing the latest thoughts in this thread, I inspected the install a little more carefully. Found driver front end to be only an eighth of an inch from the pinch-weld. I don't think that will do the trick with all this flexing y'all are talking about.
1597191422736.png

kinda concerned about the space midway too:
1597191472215.png

on the passenger side, I can slip my fingers in there a bit - not on driver side tho.
I got my sliders yesterday and installed this morning with thr exact same outcome. Passenger side i can fit my fingers and drivers side i can't. Also on drivers side I am super close to pinch weld.
Pic#1 drivers
Pic#2 passenger
Pic#3 drivers pinch weld
20200829_082714.jpg

20200829_082658.jpg

20200829_082727.jpg
Sponsored

CC_The_Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine a week or so ago and same situation. Passenger side sits perfectly uniform but driver side is ridiculously close towards the front.

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Cultivation technician II
Vehicle Showcase
I sent them an email and will call tomorrow to see if they can help us out.

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
I called and they are willing to help out, but they want measurements, and I have not had time to measure.

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called and they are willing to help out, but they want measurements, and I have not had time to measure.
Could not determine how to measure against the frame and let them know precisely where i measured. Did put a straight edge against the body, down to the slider and found the driver side to be 1/4" closer to the frame. That measure was not helpful to them. Mark is going to just send a new driver side rail and hope it works. I don't expect that will do the trick since others are experiencing the same thing. We'll see.

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
Could not determine how to measure against the frame and let them know precisely where i measured. Did put a straight edge against the body, down to the slider and found the driver side to be 1/4" closer to the frame. That measure was not helpful to them. Mark is going to just send a new driver side rail and hope it works. I don't expect that will do the trick since others are experiencing the same thing. We'll see.
Keep us updated. I had been leaning toward Shockworks because they are here in Texas and competitively priced compared to other true rock sliders. It sounds like they have really struggled with sliders that either are dangerously close to the truck itself, or flex too much. That collectively concerns me. I hope they take a step back and get the problem figured out.

bjamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Ranger Level 2 (died), 2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Hey all,

Wanted to share a custom set I had fabricated.

Simple, and super tight to the cab. Very low profile look.

IMG_20200916_110010.jpg
IMG_20200916_110102.jpg
Beauty, exactly what i'm going to do. What thickness of tubing did you use?

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
Hey all,

Wanted to share a custom set I had fabricated.

Simple, and super tight to the cab. Very low profile look.

IMG_20200916_110010.jpg
IMG_20200916_110102.jpg
How much did you it cost to have those fabricated and installed for you?

did you just go to a generic metal working business?

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
I just checked my Shockworks Sliders and the driverside is the same. A very very small space from the pinch-weld. The rail also is much closer to the body on the driver's side than the passenger side. On the driver side it also tapers in very tight to the body towards the front door verse the rear door.

Will measure it when the rain stops. Keeps us posted if Shockwork has any comment.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing touching or too close with my Shrock but I did notice that the driver side is close at the front than the passenger...like the both sliders are biased to the right a little...but only at the front end...the rear are about even from the rockers...

Wasatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Supercab
How much did you it cost to have those fabricated and installed for you?

did you just go to a generic metal working business?
I went to a well known shop that specializes in crawlers. I imagine any competent fabricator could make sliders with a little guidance. For example, I called them up, pointed them towards the Trail Gear DIY kits, and said that's the style I was looking for.

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPS notice says my driver side replacement slider from Shrockworks is arriving tomorrow morning - hope it's pushed out a 1/4 inch.
Sponsored