First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX, 1989 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Occupation
ASL teacher
Anyone have any suggestions to improve the ride quality on Ranger when going over uneven surface. I noticed it has a sharp feedback transfers from passenger side to driver side or driver side to passenger side. I hate the head bobble sensation feeling lol.
Sponsored

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Anyone have any suggestions to improve the ride quality on Ranger when going over uneven surface. I noticed it has a sharp feedback transfers from passenger side to driver side or driver side to passenger side. I hate the head bobble sensation feeling lol.
Everyone on these forums who seem to be in a position to know, usually recommends a good pair of rear shocks to improve most elements of the ride on anything other than the Tremor. Shocks like Bilstein, Eibach and Fox all seem to get high marks.

In your specific case, side to side rocking, I am not sure it will help as much.

OP
OP
Snowy

Snowy

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX, 1989 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Occupation
ASL teacher
Everyone on these forums who seem to be in a position to know, usually recommends a good pair of rear shocks to improve most elements of the ride on anything other than the Tremor. Shocks like Bilstein, Eibach and Fox all seem to get high marks.

In your specific case, side to side rocking, I am not sure it will help as much.
I just looked up 3 of them and I might go for this one. Anyone have this one and how is it?
1660611354637.png

https://cart.bilsteinus.com/details...6154771079438&Pos=Rear&Dr=3751404429077689241

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
You won't find a better place to spend $200 improving your ride than Bilstein 5100s in the rear.

HERE is an extensive thread detailing the Bilsteins.

If just the rear, the Eibachs are also highly recommended.

I have the 5100s front and rear on my truck and the ride transformation is extremely impressive.

Touch base with Frank on here @Stage3Motorsports

They are a forum vendor and all my dealings with them have been top notch.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
As already said changing out the suspension will be a night and day difference. I just did Eibach coilovers and all I can say is I wish I did them 3 years ago! I wanted to go with the Bilstein but they were backordered at the time and I wanted to replace them before going on a month long trip. Either of those along with Fox will greatly improve the ride quality.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Bobble head happens when you drive across ramps/bumps at more than 90 degree causing each tire to absorb the deviation one at a time...dampers helps some...the primary culprit is the very stiff front sway bar...either disconnect them or SLOW TFD while crossing bumps...

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I just looked up 3 of them and I might go for this one. Anyone have this one and how is it?
1660611354637.png

https://cart.bilsteinus.com/details...6154771079438&Pos=Rear&Dr=3751404429077689241
At slow speeds on uneven ground it would buck me side to side occasionally too. I hated that. Rear shocks alone made a huge difference for $200. I ended up doing the front also and am very pleased with the results. It’s by no means a cushy Cadillac ride - it feels like a truck but my bobble head side to side is 95% gone. It also got rid of nose dive.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Sell your truck! Shocks, lift, tires, tune and dampners!
Just kidding. Either accept its a truck, slow down for bumps or get better struts/shocks. It is worth it if you push your trucks ability on the on and off road.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
You won't find a better place to spend $200 improving your ride than Bilstein 5100s in the rear.

HERE is an extensive thread detailing the Bilsteins.

If just the rear, the Eibachs are also highly recommended.

I have the 5100s front and rear on my truck and the ride transformation is extremely impressive.

Touch base with Frank on here @Stage3Motorsports

They are a forum vendor and all my dealings with them have been top notch.
Eibachs, 2.0 pro truck coilovers with extended range shocks front and rear = no more bobble, just firm controlled ride.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The tuned Foxes on the Ford Performance Leveling Kit did it for me, but there are many other options, and everybody has a different opinion on which one works best. If you decide to go with Ford Performance, Levittown Discount Ford Performance Parts, Lincoln Accessories | Levittown Ford (levittownfordparts.com) usually has the best discounts on everything Ford-related. (I have no interest in the dealer, just a satisfied customer many times over.)

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Bunch of bobble heads!
So, just curious.... I have the FX4 XLT which has FOX, so I assume when
someone says put FOX in it's a different model from the stock FOX?
Too lazy/early to search....

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Bunch of bobble heads!
So, just curious.... I have the FX4 XLT which has FOX, so I assume when
someone says put FOX in it's a different model from the stock FOX?
Too lazy/early to search....
The factory FX-4 shocks are NOT Fox. They are Ford FX branded shocks. A little bit of brand trickery if you ask me.
Sponsored