Requesting back seat protector recommendations (2019 crew)

wagnerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I've had a blanket on my back seat since I got my Ranger to protect it from the tools and such I haul around in it.

I'd like to get a more able cover that fits the seat and the back rest. I looked around here and found lots of mentions of various ones, looked online, at the Ford site, Amazon etc., but haven't got any real good feel about anything yet.

I'd like something ~ $150 that is either custom fit for the Ranger (I have a 2019, crew) or at least fits it pretty snuggly without a lot of slop and flop. I want it to look decent, but also protect the seat surface and back pretty well. I'm gentle on my stuff, so it doesn't have to be nuclear blast proof or anything. I don't haul a dog - just the occasional shopping loot, tools, luggage, etc.

I saw this one, but am not sure if it fits well. Price is right. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R1JMGE6

It's the same brand as the one on the Ford site, so guessing the one on the Ford site is probably similar and is not completely custom made for the Ranger.

Thanks!
Mike
Sponsored

DFisher

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
The one you linked is extremely similar to what I use. I've had it for over a year and it worked well. Very happy with it. At one point it started to smell, and I couldn't figure out why. But I tossed it in the washer and haven't had a problem since.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
Reactions: Doc

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
Do any of the above covers have holes in places for child saftey latches? There are two per seat and I have 2 child seats int he back of my ranger. I have a pair of pads that works, but my toddler likes to stand on the open middle spot. in his muddy boots.
I'll have to check. Your talking about the slits in the lower part correct?

Reactions: Doc

dapakattack

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
I've had this one for about a year now link that @rangerdanger recommended and have been really happy with it.

It is nice that it is water proof (if you have small kids or dogs). The cover itself fits pretty well, but the rear head rest covers could use a drawstring to tighten up. As I recall shipping time wasn't too bad as it is coming from the UK. One of the nice things about it is it has the cut-out for the cup holder (there weren't too many options for that when I was looking for one).

BuzKilington

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RANGER XLT
Occupation
IT
Do any of the above covers have holes in places for child saftey latches? There are two per seat and I have 2 child seats int he back of my ranger. I have a pair of pads that works, but my toddler likes to stand on the open middle spot. in his muddy boots.
Mine has options to open the cover, but I am not 100 that it has opening for the child latches. (I am currently in the hospital with my wife about to have our first baby lol) If I end up remembering I’ll let you know.

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
The one I posted and am currently using opens in the middle top to bottom, but has no cutouts for child seats clips at the bottom.
Sponsored