Baby carrier car seat protector suggestions anyone?

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Hello, my wife and I have our first, a boy, coming in early December and I need to find a good seat protector to keep the baby carrier from causing damage to the seats of our cars. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Amazon, look for rear seat protector, and hundreds will come up. Bought one back in 2013 for wife's Subaru outback, swapped it into her 2018 Outback and still going strong. Use it when we're transporting our two 4 legged kids, to protect the leather seating.
Pic of what we bought, but hundreds of patterns, styles, colors on the site. Just look for one that has the cutouts for the baby seat attachment points.

41v1TkGQ0yL._AC_.jpg

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Amazon, look for rear seat protector, and hundreds will come up. Bought one back in 2013 for wife's Subaru outback, swapped it into her 2018 Outback and still going strong. Use it when we're transporting our two 4 legged kids, to protect the leather seating.
Pic of what we bought, but hundreds of patterns, styles, colors on the site. Just look for one that has the cutouts for the baby seat attachment points.

41v1TkGQ0yL._AC_.jpg
That looks good. Like you mentioned, I have scanned quite a few on Amazon, just looking for opinions and experiences. Is that one padded underneath to prevent seat gouging?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Yes, a thin padding material. Type of material is your choice, velour, ballistic nylon, ect. Just check what users say about them. Pretty much any of the better quality will do what you need.
We remove it every several months to run through the washer, and the rear leather/vinyl seats look new, no ware, no scratches. Have had their doggie seats on it, and just the pups with their paws, and cover still looks new.
If your worried about any abrading under the cover, just get a heavy duty beach towell and place it under the cover between it and the seat.
My son has one on the back seat of their Subi and regularly transport their 60 lb Lab.
Also, bonus, their also pretty much water proof. Wouldn't worry so much about seat gouging/abrading as much as baby drool, baby upchuck, baby poo, baby piddle, dropped/spilled food or formula. Just take the cover out and wash it.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
We had some Eddie Bauer ones handed down to us. Work well to protect the leather.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
I have 4 of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WVNL42F?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

(2 for my Ranger and 2 for my wife's SUV)

it doesn't provide 100% protection is it only goes under the car seats, (unlike the above product) however the front seat backs work great at keeping the dirt off and for the still rear facing kids, provide convenient places for adults to store stuff. (I have wipes, paper towels, etc)

Once forward facing That storage gets used for the kids stuff. you want a pouch to hold a tablet. The fancy thin gripper style holders work well enough if you have a thin case, however once you get into the big the kid can throw the tablet and survive cases you need a pocket.

Also if you have kids they will throw your tablet and phones. get the big soft cases for anything they grab.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Or you could go old school with 1 or 2 heavy, terri-cloth towels....worked for me. Easy to clean, and you might have a couple in your linen closet.....FREEBIE !!!

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Hello, my wife and I have our first, a boy, coming in early December and I need to find a good seat protector to keep the baby carrier from causing damage to the seats of our cars. Any suggestions?
First of all, congratulations!
Just use a good size towel. You will want to wash it from time to time, a towel is easy to replace and to wash.

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
+1 on towels. Seriously cheap and seriously effective.

Plus you can double them up and more or less hide them behind car seats and boosters while still letting them preform their magic.

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I do like the towel idea. I had thought of that for my truck, but was more concerned about the leather in the wife's CX-5 which will see the most baby seat use. If I can't find anything good, the towel idea will work great for both. We have some heavy a** ones.
Sponsored