ISO: Rear Seat Caddy Organizer Recommendations.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I have come to terms with the fact that 90% of the time the rear driver seat is my shit storage. I'd like to find a way to make better use of it and looking to go the drop in caddy route for a few reasons.
  • Need three seats on a regular basis- No seat delete.
  • Need all four sometimes too - No seat delete.
  • I'm tall and driver seat goes way back - No back of Driver seat organizer military molle cubby pocket contraptions.
  • I do like me some airbags in a collision - No back of Driver seat organizer military molle cubby pocket contraptions.

What am I looking to secure in the rear drivers side passenger area?
  • First aid bag - about the size of a decent laptop bag. Technically a trauma bag.
  • Fire arms and ammo
  • Fire extinguisher
  • My work backpack - small laptop backpack or "three day pack"
  • Some bug out stuffs - not a whole bag, just some small essentials.
  • Flashlight
  • HT Radio
  • Gloves
  • Incidentals and stuff I pick up at the store and don't want floating around the center console
Things that when you need it, you need it NOW and it isn't time to go on an expedition to see if you can find it in the truck somewhere. Some of this stuff I'm keeping behind or below the seat but I'd like to have it more accessible an then I'd like to repurpose that space for other stuff.

All I'm finding are police cruiser models that exist for paperwork (do police still use paper?) and light weight stuff for kleenex and booty wipes - mom on the go stuff.

Any ideas? I'm thinking I could strap this in and then when I need the 4th seat, just unhook it and ut it in the garage. Would be super cool if they made something that utilized the child-carseat tehter points. Last thing I want is a 40 pound Claymore of my crap hitting me in the back of the head in an accident.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase