Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
JB,
Thanks for the response and I believe your right that this should be the lowest possible mpg during city driving under normal conditions. I'm hoping that the road closures were the factor because I went to Flagstaff, AZ in July and averaged 23.2 which was reasonable even though I was hoping for at least 25. Someone has mentioned that as you get more mileage on a vehicle the mpg improves :)

Paul these ecoboost motors are strange when it come to mpg. You already have close to 6,000 miles so you're well past the break in period plus you got very good gas mileage going to Flagstaff. It could've been a combination of anything from head winds and/or a slight incline in the terrain? If you're not already try running a couple tanks of premium through it and see if that helps now that you're back home and will be doing more routine driving. Hope your trip went well and you guys had a good time.:)
Sponsored

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Paul these ecoboost motors are strange when it come to mpg. You already have close to 6,000 miles so you're well past the break in period plus you got very good gas mileage going to Flagstaff. It could've been a combination of anything from head winds and/or a slight incline in the terrain? If you're not already try running a couple tanks of premium through it and see if that helps now that you're back home and will be doing more routine driving. Hope your trip went well and you guys had a good time.:)
Thanks Dave. I will try premium next and check how that works. Texas was fairly flat where I traveled and and didn't notice any outstanding inclines. But went through several windy areas there where the wind turbines were working so this could have created some drag. Also, there is about a 15 mile stretch of mountains coming into our city with a number of steep inclines so that might have pulled the mpg down. The trip was fun and hope everything is going well for you :thumbsup:

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don’t know how you guys getting 20’s lol… I can’t get over 18 haha I don’t even drive hard either. 2.5” level and 265/70/17 tires are my only mods. Using 91
Steve I have the same setup on mine along with a Livernois tune using 91 and I'm averaging 21.9 mpg. Most of my driving is a mix of 65 city and 35 highway. My last tank was 23.3 mpg but I did more highway driving on that one, filled up with a 1/4 tank left. No one drives the same so it's hard to get consistent readings between members but it's strange how these vary so much.

IMG_4610.PNG

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Steve I have the same setup on mine along with a Livernois tune using 91 and I'm averaging 21.9 mpg. Most of my driving is a mix of 65 city and 35 highway. My last tank was 23.3 mpg but I did more highway driving on that one, filled up with a 1/4 tank left. No one drives the same so it's hard to get consistent readings between members but it's strange how these vary so much.

IMG_4610.PNG
Yeah that's strange. I do 90 percent highway driving too, so you'd think my MPG would be good. I typically drive 75-80 mph though. You have to drive that speed here in Vegas or risk getting ran into lol.. Wonder if that speed is whats killing my MPG

Reactions: Doc

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah that's strange. I do 90 percent highway driving too, so you'd think my MPG would be good. I typically drive 75-80 mph though. You have to drive that speed here in Vegas or risk getting ran into lol.. Wonder if that speed is whats killing my MPG
I've found that 65-70 (more so 65) is the sweet spot for getting better mpg. If you can give it a try next fill up and see if that helps, hopefully you live to tell about it. lol Btw it's the same way here as far as having to drive 75+ mph or get run over.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know how you guys getting 20’s lol… I can’t get over 18 haha I don’t even drive hard either. 2.5” level and 265/70/17 tires are my only mods. Using 91
I am running the same setup and I get 24-26 on summer gas. Winter gas has dropped me to about 21-22.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
And I live in Colorado where everything is uphill.
Sooner or later you gotta go downhill, don't you ???
If you average 15 mpg going up, and 50 mpg going down (coasting), than that's an average of 32 1/2 mpg !!! Jus keep going downhill and your mpg will be outstanding !!! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you average 15 mpg going up, and 50 mpg going down (coasting), than that's an average of 32 1/2 mpg !!! Jus keep going downhill and your mpg will be outstanding !!! :crackup::crackup::crackup:
I don't think it works like that. Don't you remember walking to school up hill both ways in the snow? ?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I don't think it works like that. Don't you remember walking to school up hill both ways in the snow? ?
Went to school in South Fla....didn't know what snow was till I joined the Navy and went to Great Lakes Naval Station for basic in 1967.
Love snow now....beats hurricanes any day !!!

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Went to school in South Fla....didn't know what snow was till I joined the Navy and went to Great Lakes Naval Station for basic in 1967.
Love snow now....beats hurricanes any day !!!
Thank you for your service!
Brian

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Funny you should say that. My mileage drops on the way to work by 1 mpg and then increases back that 1 mpg on my way home.

And I have to share the tires on my truck with my 5 brothers and sisters.

PhilG

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I went on a 3 hour highway drive last month, and I noticed that if I went 65 mph, I got almost 27 mpg average. If I increased it to 67 mph, the mpgs dropped 1 mpg. It appears that 65-66 is the sweet spot for my truck. BTW, I have a hard cover, which cuts down on wind resistance.
On in-town driving, I only get around 22 mpg, due to the number of stops. Still, that's not bad for a truck. My truck has a little over 2000 miles on it (2021)

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I went on a 3 hour highway drive last month, and I noticed that if I went 65 mph, I got almost 27 mpg average. If I increased it to 67 mph, the mpgs dropped 1 mpg. It appears that 65-66 is the sweet spot for my truck. BTW, I have a hard cover, which cuts down on wind resistance.
On in-town driving, I only get around 22 mpg, due to the number of stops. Still, that's not bad for a truck. My truck has a little over 2000 miles on it (2021)
Yeah but the speed limit around here is 70 and most drivers are running +80.
I envy your patience.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc