Remote Transmission Dip Stick Aftermarket Support?

Would you get in line to buy one?

• Total voters

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I don't know exactly, but it was after about a 45 minute commute.
The optimal level of between 4 and 5 on the dipstick is between 206f and 215f temps. Normal commutes will not get it to that temp usually. More likely it was in the 185-195 f range. The fluid really expands as the temperature increases so your reading may have been normal. I either have to to drive at 4000 rpm’s for an extended period on the expressway or tow our 6000 lb trailer to get to 206f or above. Of course ambient air temperatures will make a difference.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
How hot was it outside when you drove it? Out here in Ca it's easy to hit temp as it's always so hot.
Try what Steve suggested, lock out the higher gears and keep the RPM's up, it will fully warm up, if it doesn't change, add a little.

I would add the lube guard and see how it is, how many ounces is the bottle?

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This should be a good time for a update as I'm always late on things, I am going to leave next week for a couple of weeks, to go up north and see my two oldest kids and the grand kid.

When I get back, I am picking up where I left off at from page 137, everyone from there on, I will contact when I get back.

If I have missed anybody up to that point, please let me know, if I have, be sure to check your message box, some messages I send go unanswered, or the member name is not recognized by the message system for some reason.

For those who voted and have not posted here, if you could, please put a post up if you are still interested, I keep the voter list on my desk. As I go, I try to cross reference it to this list, so far most of the sticks have gone to voters.

When I can, I plan on messaging the voter list in batches of 50, to try and get those who voted and never came back here to see my post's about posting here if interested. It's a shame the voter list was not in the order of voting, it's scrambled.

Those who have messaged me, I hopefully have you on the list in order by date, but please, messaging me makes it a audit almost, I have to go back through the topic pages and see who posted and what the exact dates were, then see what the date is of the first message and try to keep it in order, I say this because I have goofed it up a couple of times, so please, post here instead of messaging!!

Sorry it's taken so long to get these out, it always something getting in the way, or slowing me down, between my s#!t back, which is on it's 3 shot since Feb, yesterday being the last one, had to tune it up for the drive next week, and this trip, it's always something.

I would like to get the pile dipsticks off to new homes, besides the wife says she's afraid the pile will fall over like a Jenga game, and she wants the spare room back.:crackup:
IMG_4499.JPEG

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
The optimal level of between 4 and 5 on the dipstick is between 206f and 215f temps. Normal commutes will not get it to that temp usually. More likely it was in the 185-195 f range. The fluid really expands as the temperature increases so your reading may have been normal. I either have to to drive at 4000 rpm’s for an extended period on the expressway or tow our 6000 lb trailer to get to 206f or above. Of course ambient air temperatures will make a difference.
Ok, so you suggest the low might have been 185f. The optimal should be at least 206f. Can 21 degrees be enough the change the level from 6 to 5 on the dipstick?
I have a hard time wrapping my brain around how the level can be so sensitive to temperature. Yes, cold is going to be different than average running temp. I am not disputing your insight, but if fluid level is so sensitve, do dealers take the time to make sure the temp is in your suggested range to determine if the level is good?
Heck, even the guy in the Fitzstick install youtube video said he just drove around to get it hot, I am sure it took a few minutes to get back set up to record the 'hot' level check. He never said he checked the actual temp.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
How hot was it outside when you drove it? Out here in Ca it's easy to hit temp as it's always so hot.
Try what Steve suggested, lock out the higher gears and keep the RPM's up, it will fully warm up, if it doesn't change, add a little.

I would add the lube guard and see how it is, how many ounces is the bottle?
It was probably in the 70's first check, 90's second check. Both checks were similar.
I added a 10 oz. bottle of Lubeguard.
As in a previous post, I have a hard time believing 20 degrees is going to tell you whether you need to add a quart or not. And how many dealerships go through the trouble to make sure the trans temp is at least 206 to determine proper level. How many trans failures are because nobody can properly check the level on these trannies?

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Ok, so you suggest the low might have been 185f. The optimal should be at least 206f. Can 21 degrees be enough the change the level from 6 to 5 on the dipstick?
I have a hard time wrapping my brain around how the level can be so sensitive to temperature. Yes, cold is going to be different than average running temp. I am not disputing your insight, but if fluid level is so sensitve, do dealers take the time to make sure the temp is in your suggested range to determine if the level is good?
Heck, even the guy in the Fitzstick install youtube video said he just drove around to get it hot, I am sure it took a few minutes to get back set up to record the 'hot' level check. He never said he checked the actual temp.
After I installed the Fitzstick I checked levels at all different temps ( using my obd and torquepro app). The level does change that much from 185 to 206+. Verified it multiple times and feel very confident about the results I’m seeing.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
After I installed the Fitzstick I checked levels at all different temps ( using my obd and torquepro app). The level does change that much from 185 to 206+. Verified it multiple times and feel very confident about the results I’m seeing.
ok, I will continue to monitor, thanks!

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I would set it at 4.5 and call it good, the difference between hot and cold is substantial, the difference between hot and really hot is not that much.

There are always some variables, that's why the Mfg's build in a range, I usually suggest setting it in the middle.

You would be surprised how much a driveway that's not quite flat will affect it. :oops:

Last edited:

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
And most garages have a slight incline so that they drain well. When I installed my 2 post lift I noticed that incline and had to shim the posts to true them up. They must be level and true on all axis.

XRANGER2019

First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SPORT 4X4
Occupation
HYDRAULIC TECH
I would buy one if it was pre-marked like OEM. I would not if I had to "scribe" marks on it like the B&M version.
it's not that big of a deal i installed it and a new aluminum pan

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I would set it at 4.5 and call it good, the difference between hot and cold is substantial, the difference between hot and really hot is not that much.

There are always some variables, that's why the Mfg's build in a range, I usually suggest setting it in the middle.

You would be surprised how much a driveway that's not quite flat will affect it. :oops:
Now this makes sense to me. I will check a few more times hot (or at least up to regular operating temp) and add fluid if I consistently see a low level. I have nice flat, level places to check. I will add just a few ounces at a time if needed. I can always suck some out because that should be easy to do.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
This should be a good time for a update as I'm always late on things, I am going to leave next week for a couple of weeks, to go up north and see my two oldest kids and the grand kid.

When I get back, I am picking up where I left off at from page 137, everyone from there on, I will contact when I get back.

If I have missed anybody up to that point, please let me know, if I have, be sure to check your message box, some messages I send go unanswered, or the member name is not recognized by the message system for some reason.

Hi Mike

I was back on page 141, so just letting you know I would like to stay current on the list!!

Thxs
John :like:
Sponsored