First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
i'm old and grey and never get into the go peddle from a stopped position. also, i would here the /tc/ kicking in and it never has except sometimes on a snowy day. Perhaps the brake modulator is putting too much into the rear brakes as there is still a ton of meat on the front pads. On a different subject, has anyone tried installing this item and do the specs sound grossly exhagerated to you or is it just me
Livernois Announces Ford Ranger 2.3L EcoBoost I-4 Intercooler (fordauthority.com)
Once installed, the Livernois High-Flow intercooler – just announced at the 2021 SEMA Show – increases cooling capability 80 percent over the stock Ford Ranger setup.
SO, THE KEY WORD IN THEIR CLAIM IS CAPABLE BUT DOES IT REALLY??
Because words mean things, and we need to choose them carefully when we write and pay close attention to what we read.
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Just got my tires rotated and brakes inspected. At 12k miles:

9mm front, 8.5mm rear. So the rears are going down a little quicker on mine.

Probably because 1/4 of my driving is a bit on the slightly aggressive side.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Just got my tires rotated and brakes inspected. At 12k miles:

9mm front, 8.5mm rear. So the rears are going down a little quicker on mine.

Probably because 1/4 of my driving is a bit on the slightly aggressive side.
Tires are wearing normal IMO. 0.5mm is less than 1/32 (3/128")of an inch. the rear inboard tire minutely slipping during a turn and even gentle acceleration would wear them that little bit faster than the fronts over 12K miles.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
i'm old and grey and never get into the go peddle from a stopped position. also, i would here the /tc/ kicking in and it never has except sometimes on a snowy day. Perhaps the brake modulator is putting too much into the rear brakes as there is still a ton of meat on the front pads. On a different subject, has anyone tried installing this item and do the specs sound grossly exhagerated to you or is it just me
Livernois Announces Ford Ranger 2.3L EcoBoost I-4 Intercooler (fordauthority.com)
Once installed, the Livernois High-Flow intercooler – just announced at the 2021 SEMA Show – increases cooling capability 80 percent over the stock Ford Ranger setup.
SO, THE KEY WORD IN THEIR CLAIM IS CAPABLE BUT DOES IT REALLY??
Having the 2.3l in my RS as well I remember that most have stated that with the stock turbo the EO intercooler is all it needs. Granted on the RS Ford found the OE intercooler too efficient and had to block off a portion of it to prevent condensation that could lead to water getting ingested by the engine in the right environment. I'm not 100% on how the RS intercooler and the Ranger's compares, but I'm going with the assume this is similar territory and unless you are upgrading other parts beyond what the EO intercooler can handle there will be virtually no gains from changing it.

Last edited:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Having the 2.3l in my RS as well I remember that most have stated that with the stock turbo the EO intercooler is all it needs. Granted on the RS Ford found the OE intercooler too efficient and had to block off a portion of it to prevent condensation that could lead to water getting ingested by the engine in the right environment. I'm not 100% on how the RS intercooler and the Ranger's compares, but I'm going with the assume this is similar territory and unless you are upgrading other parts beyond what the EO intercooler can handle there will be virtually no gains from changing it.
use a cheap scan tool to log inlet air temp over a few drives. If it’s not spiking to 160+ for long periods, then you don’t need an intercooler. The intercooler is very thin, and light for a reason as thicker bigger ones can get heat soaked if not being exposed to lots of air and actually make performance slightly worse. They do cool the charge better, but you really only need that when you’re into the boost heavily for long pulls.

edit: bigger ones take longer to fill with pressurized air too, so you’ll increase turbo lag some with every bit of volume increase.

PremiumB_rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Oxford White
i'm wanting to do my rear brakes on my 2019 Lariat but I cant find any videos. Has anyone here tried it?
I have a 2020 XLT and I replaced brakes all around. For the rears specifically, it was very straightforward aside from the fact that the caliper pistons must be twisted counter clockwise, while applying inward pressure. Highly recommend a tool made for that purpose as it made it very easy.

OP
OP
TOMDEE

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
I have a 2020 XLT and I replaced brakes all around. For the rears specifically, it was very straightforward aside from the fact that the caliper pistons must be twisted counter clockwise, while applying inward pressure. Highly recommend a tool made for that purpose as it made it very easy.
Where would. I Get such a tool?

OP
OP
TOMDEE

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
You can rent it at the auto parts store. but I bought mine from a local tool store and it works great. I think it was like $40 or so.
Do you have the part number or name describing it

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman