First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
I remember seeing something about people not seeing Rangers, and some excuses/reasons for it.
Chip shortage, Bat Fever production interruption, etc.
That's not the case out here.
I pretty much run from Vegas all the way up to WA state all week. I see them everywhere! At least 10 per day. There's a bunch in SLC and ID. I've seen Ranger work truck conversions. Mostly just signage.
Just letting everyone know, they're out there. Everywhere in the Southwest and up north.
Tell us about your work. What are you driving, what are you hauling? A few pics would be cool. That is a beautiful part of the country out there. I bet you enjoy your work.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Ah, now we know where they are. :)

woodbyrd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX2 SCab
SoCal/Central Coast is still pretty much Taco country with maybe 1 in 10 a mix of all the others, but am starting to see more Rangers in that 10%

Zeus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport XLT
Occupation
Commercial Driving Instructor
I only see them because I have one. When I had my Mitsubishi Montero (Pajero) I seen those all day-everyday. Same thing with my Jeep XJ.

I'm sure there are equal Tacos, Colorados, and Ridglines out there to those who have that similar vehicle.

CJBax

First Name
Cruiser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Development
Western Washington. I see a decent number of Rangers but almost all of them are older rangers, very few gen 5 sightings. I see far more Tacoma's than any other midsize truck, and a decent number of Colorado sightings too. The least sighted mid size truck for me is easily the Frontier. Actually, my spouse and I noticed that we are seeing g a lot of the new Broncos out here, significantly more Bronco sightings than gen 5 Rangers.

Edit* we (spouse) are both in agreement that the new bronco is ugly, boring, and doesn't stand out much from other run-of-the-mill SUVs. I'd rather have a jeep just based on looks alone. Not that I'd get a jeep, just saying the ne Bronco is very meh.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I remember seeing something about people not seeing Rangers, and some excuses/reasons for it.
Chip shortage, Bat Fever production interruption, etc.
That's not the case out here.
I just returned from a trip to Yellowstone NP. I did see a few Rangers. Most were brand new. But what dominated to roads were Toyotas. Both Tacomas and 4Runners. All of them overloaded with camping gear, traction boards and rooftop tents. I’m not sure why, but many of them had aggressive off-road tires. I don’t think there is any off-road travel possibilities in Yellowstone.

Azriq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SUPERCREW, 1966 FORD MUSTANG 331 STROKER, 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
Different strokes, but I assume you are referring to the Bronco Sport and not the Bronco. MAJOR difference between them! Almost a two year wait list for the Bronco and people getting BIG BUCKS flipping them already. Not that I plan on buying one but I LOVE the new Bronco. A 2-dr Sasquatch would be the one I'd pick.

UnregistredHypercam2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser VX Limited
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I just moved to Colorado from Central Florida, I'd go days without seeing a Ranger in Florida. Now in the Denver area, I see a few every time I drive.

In Florida you mostly see Taco's and Colorado's for mid-sizers. Full size trucks still seem to dominate around there. Not many Rangers, Canyons, or even Ridgelines if you want to throw that in the mid-size category.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I see one or two Rangers with every trip nowadays (in northern Delaware). But yesterday, back-to- back, I saw a Ranger, Bronco Sport, and Jeep Gladiator!

vanapagan

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vanapagan.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Cloud Computing Engineer
Long Island, NY seems to be dominant RAM country with F-150s holding a distant second.

Other than my own truck, I have only seen one other fifth generation Ranger in the wild (at a Lowe's parking lot) in the last two months. Looking for a Ranger around here is much akin to going on a Snipe hunt.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Long Island, NY seems to be dominant RAM country with F-150s holding a distant second.

Other than my own truck, I have only seen one other fifth generation Ranger in the wild (at a Lowe's parking lot) in the last two months. Looking for a Ranger around here is much akin to going on a Snipe hunt.
Gotta love a good Snipe hunt!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I’m starting to see more and more in my area but it seems I’m the only one waving like somebody who just saw themselves on the giant screen at the hockey game. ?
We'll be watching' for ya!
Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 07.41.14.png

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Living in a small town, the only dealer we have is a Chevrolet Dealer. All their staff and the rest of the town all went to school together, drove their parent's K10s & 20s so... welcome to Silverado, Wisconsin. Still, lots of F150s, Rams run a distant third and maybe a handful of Tacos. a couple Colorados & Ridgelines and I have not seen any Canyons, nor seen another 5G Ranger. There is one Suzuki Equator, and we are also the global repository of Y2K Buick Le Sabres.
Sponsored