Rangers, Rangers everywhere!!

BOB RAD

First Name
BEBO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER
When I was looking the buy a 2019 a couple of months ago i couldn’t find one anywhere. Now I get a notice every other day of one on the market. To top it off they are usually a few hundred less than I paid. Still I love my truck.
Sponsored

Tfcurranjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired USAF pilot
I remember seeing something about people not seeing Rangers, and some excuses/reasons for it.
Chip shortage, Bat Fever production interruption, etc.
That's not the case out here.
I pretty much run from Vegas all the way up to WA state all week. I see them everywhere! At least 10 per day. There's a bunch in SLC and ID. I've seen Ranger work truck conversions. Mostly just signage.
Just letting everyone know, they're out there. Everywhere in the Southwest and up north.
I agree; definitely catching on in the PNW.

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Starting to see more down here in AZ... Did an Idaho trip a few weeks ago and saw lots up there. Our guess on the Idaho is it is a heavy 4 wheel drive purchasing state and with the affordability and (then) availability it makes sense for a mid-size 4x4 truck. Tons of Fords in Idaho

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I'm seeing 6 to 7, 2019-2021 Rangers per day in the Denver Metro. I've also seen 12 different companies using them as fleet vehicles. Rarest color seems to be the Saber. Most common color...white, go figure. This is strictly from daily observation and counting.
Most sightings in one day.....last Tuesday I saw 12 different Rangers rolling around....

Meangreen92lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Ford/Lincoln Technician
I'm in Wisconsin and don't see many Rangers. Went on vacation to Tennessee and they were everywhere. Amazing how spotty they are around the country.

Turbo Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Greater Toronto area, I don't see many 5G, but I see fair bit of older generations kicking around, have only seen one other Tremor in the wild, which selfishly I like as it keeps it like a more exclusive truck you don't see everyday. On the other hand I see a crap ton of 21 F150's, I would hate to see how many will be on the road when they get the supply chain back on line.

Ray_kayak_guy

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4
I just took a road trip to North Carolina - West of Ashville. I saw around 35 older Rangers and about 25 new Rangers. From New York to Carolina - the new Rangers were sparse. Once I was in the Carolinas they really started cropping up. I saw personal vehicles and fleet vehicles.

Magnetetic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Black Appearance Package, 1996 Ranger XLT, 2002 Toyota Sienna CE
I see a bunch out here on Long Island more and more. There is a couple magnetic color Rangers near me. I don't even look at the Tacos or Colorados.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Starting to see more down here in AZ... Did an Idaho trip a few weeks ago and saw lots up there. Our guess on the Idaho is it is a heavy 4 wheel drive purchasing state and with the affordability and (then) availability it makes sense for a mid-size 4x4 truck. Tons of Fords in Idaho
Yeah I would say ID. is where I see most if them.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Tell us about your work. What are you driving, what are you hauling? A few pics would be cool. That is a beautiful part of the country out there. I bet you enjoy your work.
I'm an "LTL" trucker. But I go to a hotel every day/night. Gotta make that distinction!
I love going up north. I'll start out pulling a "train"(triples) out of Vegas on Monday then just run wild all week up north. I haul everything. I don't really know exactly what's in the trailers cuz I never get to seem them loading or unloading them. But everything from cadavers to explosives.?
Trying to rack the miles up to pay off my truck early. Didn't quite work out this summer, but I'll try again next year. Come winter I'll take a southern route (CA. AZ) to avoid the snow. I do love what I do.
Screenshot_20210818-085502.png

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
I'm an "LTL" trucker. But I go to a hotel every day/night. Gotta make that distinction!
I love going up north. I'll start out pulling a "train"(triples) out of Vegas on Monday then just run wild all week up north. I haul everything. I don't really know exactly what's in the trailers cuz I never get to seem them loading or unloading them. But everything from cadavers to explosives.?
Trying to rack the miles up to pay off my truck early. Didn't quite work out this summer, but I'll try again next year. Come winter I'll take a southern route (CA. AZ) to avoid the snow. I do love what I do.
Screenshot_20210818-085502.png
Triples! Hell yeah! I get nervous when a hay wagon starts waggin'. I bet those triples really dance around when it gets windy. You have all my respect! FEDEX and UPS pull doubles on I-81 and I-70 but you won't see any triples around here. Have you ever seen the double 48' vans in NY state? Not sure of the regulations but they will pull them right to the state line and leave them in lots. They run one to it's destination then come back for the other.
I don't see SAIA on the road in MD but they are all over when I get down south.
So you own your tractor? Thought maybe that was a fleet truck. Looks like it wouldn't be too comfortable for sleeping in, being a daycab! My O/O buddies tell me that they prefer a sleeper. It is their bed and they don't have to worry about cleanliness.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Triples! Hell yeah! I get nervous when a hay wagon starts waggin'. I bet those triples really dance around when it gets windy. You have all my respect! FEDEX and UPS pull doubles on I-81 and I-70 but you won't see any triples around here. Have you ever seen the double 48' vans in NY state? Not sure of the regulations but they will pull them right to the state line and leave them in lots. They run one to it's destination then come back for the other.
I don't see SAIA on the road in MD but they are all over when I get down south.
So you own your tractor? Thought maybe that was a fleet truck. Looks like it wouldn't be too comfortable for sleeping in, being a daycab! My O/O buddies tell me that they prefer a sleeper. It is their bed and they don't have to worry about cleanliness.
It's all companies equipment. Sleepers? No way! Like I said , I'm "not" that kind of trucker. I don't have 3 teeth and 6 dogs living in my truck with me.
I need my showers twice a day and the free breakfast that comes with it.
We do the same thing, dropping triples near the WA. State line and then they take 2 to run up.
Each state is different. I've pulled every combination you can think of. Double 53's are better cuz you don't get too much "tail wagging" with those. It all goes by how they loaded the trailers. Which you don't find out till' you get rolling. There's not too much you can do about it. I'll load up i
on greasing the 5th wheels, but it's mostly the load that determines how much "wag" you get.
The key to pulling triples is to not look in your side view mirrors. Cuz once you do it's over, that "wag" will be on your mind for the rest of the trip.

Last edited:

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
My buddies have 4 teeth and only one God! Hahaha, I know what you mean though!
Every man in my family has a CDL and we all drive in some way or another. Runs in my blood. I rode in my Dad's International Dump Truck when I was in a carseat and diapers in the 80's.
I bet seeing those trailers moving around back there is a bit unnerving at first but they are going to go where you pull them!
Thank you for taking time to talk with me about driving.
Be safe out there and keep it rubber side down.
God Bless the American Trucker!

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
['21 Ford Ranger XLT (Tremor) , BMW IX Electric
Not in my area and I've ONLY seen one other Tremor. Actually 3 Tacomas down my street and 2 Colorados.

Haven't spotted a single Ranger in my hood to this day. The Tacoma owner did talk to me once and he said he really liked the tremor variant.

But I drove to Santa Cruz last weekend and saw tons of Rangers (maybe cos of the mountain/ocean combo so more owners?)? Had a Lariet park right next to me in the Costco parking lot.
Sponsored