Ranger went kablooey

bayouranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Well, I was driving yesterday to get lunch and about half way through the trip everything went crazy. I got 3 or 4 messages in the drive information center; Pre Collision Alert, Hill Assist Alert, Service Advance Trac. And on top of that my ABS warning light came on and steering became extremely sluggish; as if the electric assist was off. So yeah, it's in the shop right now and I'm waiting to hear back. What really bothers me about this is the truck is only 3-4 months old.

Has anyone else here had similar issues?
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I was driving yesterday to get lunch and about half way through the trip everything went crazy. I got 3 or 4 messages in the drive information center; Pre Collision Alert, Hill Assist Alert, Service Advance Trac. And on top of that my ABS warning light came on and steering became extremely sluggish; as if the electric assist was off. So yeah, it's in the shop right now and I'm waiting to hear back. What really bothers me about this is the truck is only 3-4 months old.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/just-some-of-the-warnings-i-got-today.2771/
This might help.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
This feels like a loose connector to me. Keep us up to date!

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4

Not on the Ranger but on other computer controlled vehicles. Each time, it turned out to be a bad alternator. One time, the alternator would act up but start working normally every time I took the vehicle to the shop. Finally a mechanic decided to keep it all day and drove it and put it on the bench several times. One time he had to go to the restroom and when he came back, everything went wonky. He ran a bunch of tests and the alternator was putting out weird voltages and varying current levels. Replaced the alternator and the problem s was gone.

TexTazManiac

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Ford F150 King Ranch, 2013 Lincoln MKX, 1977 Datsun 280Z, Various Can Am 'Toys', Mahindra Tractor

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I was in a hurry and accelerating out of a rest stop while trying to turn on my cruise control when I hit a pretty decent bump, spinning my rear tires in the air. All of a sudden I got all sorts of errors, starting with traction control problems. Then a whole set of cascading messages. Then cruise control couldn't be set. Irritated the heck out of me, but I put on my hazards and got WAY over on the shoulder into the grass. Turned off my truck, waited a few seconds, restarted... and haven't had an issue since. (This was at about 2000 miles) And I have driven across hog-destroyed pastures, dirt roads, etc... since. I now have about 5500 miles on the truck.

Don't know if this is related to what you or others have experienced.
Sponsored