SOLVED: Ranger Went Into Limp Mode, Engine is Only Running on 3 Cylinders

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
You don't have to hard on it all the time, just every so often to clean everything out.

My Focus ST was like this....so every morning on the on ramp of the freeway, I'd mash it to the floor. (There's no speed limit on the on ramp:D) It kept it running good after I started doing this on a regular basis.

Just remember, she likes to run....so set her free from time to time.
Sponsored

Bubbabiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Supercrew FX4
With Turbo and GDI, it's good to do an "Italian tune up" under load once or twice a fuel tank. Helps keep everything clear of PCV oil and helps clear anything from the valves that might be sticking around.
^This. Like diesels the Ecoboosts don't like to be pampered. Treat it like a rented mule at least once a week to get the in cylinder temps high enough to burn off the extra crap that builds up from loafing around. Taking it out on a towing adventure is even better.

Hubcap91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Same thing happened to me this week. Throttle body. My Ranger was built in Dec 2018 and has 16k miles.

DevilDog1775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing happened to me this week. Throttle body. My Ranger was built in Dec 2018 and has 16k miles.
Do any of you know what codes were thrown by the engine? Maybe P2111 and/or P2119? I think I had this happen yesterday but was able to get it reset myself and it seems fine now without replacing any parts.

**Additional Question - When this happened, did anyone have issues with the brakes? I had to stand on the pedal to make the truck stop. This was a total shutdown pretty much. Luckily I wasn't in major traffic going fast.
Sponsored

Last edited: