• Watchers 0

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
so interesting...I had the opposite reaction, I thought the Ranger was very underpowered - granted it was a crew cab.
really? First I've heard that. I think it does level off at higher rpm's but it has a massive amount of torque. The leveling off I think is just restriction these engines have far more power to gain with aftermarket parts/programmers.

The twin scroll turbo is amazing on this engine it's the first turbocharged engine I've drove that has zero lag its almost like an electric motor with instant torque then kinda levels off.
Sponsored

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
I drove both and thought the Ranger is quicker according to my butt meter. I might be biased but WTH. :^) Happy is happy.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I drove both and thought the Ranger is quicker according to my butt meter. I might be biased but WTH. :^) Happy is happy.
I read somewhere they might be putting the 2.7 v6 twin turbo ecoboost in the ranger. I got super jealous for a minute but I love my ranger and I can get plenty out of the 2.3. The only thing is the v6 sounds a fair bit better for a truck.

Reactions: Doc

Cav10x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL, 2019 VW Atlas Premium
I traded in a 2017 Fusion Sport to get the Ranger. That 2.7 v6 in a Ranger with the 10 speed trans would be insane.
Sponsored