Ranger Outsold Colorado and Gladiator in Q1

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Dealers in Atlanta are accepting low offers for them. Not surprised.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Dealers in Atlanta are accepting low offers for them. Not surprised.
Metro ATL car market is a lot like ours in Tampa Bay. COMPETATIVE as heck, but inventory is starting to put a slight dent in that. Still almost always a deal to be had as long as the dealer has it in stock or inbound.

Dmc

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Retired
I had 3 2020 rangers all making there own oil aka gas dilution. Now I have just went to the taco ? .

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I checked out the Toyota. I liked it a lot. I only wanted the TRD Pro. The dealers wanted $50K for a M/T. That's excessive. Other than the awkward seating position, the Tacoma is almost universally a superior truck.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I checked out the Toyota. I liked it a lot. I only wanted the TRD Pro. The dealers wanted $50K for a M/T. That's excessive. Other than the awkward seating position, the Tacoma is almost universally a superior truck.
You’re forgetting much better power, transmission, towing capacity and payload capacity In the ranger.

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
You’re forgetting much better power, transmission, towing capacity and payload capacity In the ranger.
This. I feel much better towing with my Ranger than I would a Taco. No comparison in terms of torque band. Also, my cervical spine (neck) does not like headrests that push my head forward. Not wanting to get an artificial disc sooner than needed, the Toyota line in general is a no go for that reason. Wife hates those headrests too.

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
This comment made me audibly laugh.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Doesn't matter to mid-size truck buyers... obviously... because the Tacoma remains unbeaten in sales and doesn't have to provide major discounts to stay there. It's got it's faults, but even the TRD Pro gets about 22 MPG highway. My Tremor has never even gotten to 19 mpg, like it's supposed to.

I'm no Toyota fan boy, but the aftermarket for the Tacoma is far more plentiful and filled with some good stuff, too. I've raced Ford Mustangs for a long time, but I'm NOT a Ford fanboy either. I don't favor any brand. I'm critical of them all and will compliment good and criticize bad... universally. I don't give forgiveness to Ford for the garbage brake pedal feel on these Rangers when they have the engineering prowess to do better and chose not to. I don't give forgiveness to Toyota for the transmission issues being experienced with the Tacomas despite them being a simpler design.

Look, I bought a Ford Ranger. I bought it because it was the better value. Toyota doesn't have to be the better value to still sell better. That's telling you something. In fact, they can overcharge! I've had Toyota's and Fords and I will tell you that, in my area, Toyota dealers are awesome (they even replaced a torque converter on my Toyota at 90K miles for free, doing the work to get Toyota to pay for it). Ford dealers are cheapskate pains in the butts and that's instigated by Ford itself. To get a warranty claim done, Ford dealers have to literally beg and plead Ford (relative to Toyota). That reflects strongly in the customer experience at a Ford dealer. It's very, very obvious.

Ford also has the F150 mentality with the Ranger. They shouldn't. They aren't #1.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Doesn't matter to mid-size truck buyers... obviously... because the Tacoma remains unbeaten in sales and doesn't have to provide major discounts to stay there. It's got it's faults, but even the TRD Pro gets about 22 MPG highway. My Tremor has never even gotten to 19 mpg, like it's supposed to.

I'm no Toyota fan boy, but the aftermarket for the Tacoma is far more plentiful and filled with some good stuff, too. I've raced Ford Mustangs for a long time, but I'm NOT a Ford fanboy either. I don't favor any brand. I'm critical of them all and will compliment good and criticize bad... universally. I don't give forgiveness to Ford for the garbage brake pedal feel on these Rangers when they have the engineering prowess to do better and chose not to. I don't give forgiveness to Toyota for the transmission issues being experienced with the Tacomas despite them being a simpler design.

Look, I bought a Ford Ranger. I bought it because it was the better value. Toyota doesn't have to be the better value to still sell better. That's telling you something. In fact, they can overcharge! I've had Toyota's and Fords and I will tell you that, in my area, Toyota dealers are awesome (they even replaced a torque converter on my Toyota at 90K miles for free, doing the work to get Toyota to pay for it). Ford dealers are cheapskate pains in the butts and that's instigated by Ford itself. To get a warranty claim done, Ford dealers have to literally beg and plead Ford (relative to Toyota). That reflects strongly in the customer experience at a Ford dealer. It's very, very obvious.

Ford also has the F150 mentality with the Ranger. They shouldn't. They aren't #1.
i don‘t know about about all that, I was pointing out that the Ranger has a number of important measurable advantages over the Tacoma than just the seats. No doubt that Toyota benefits from brand loyalty, but that doesn’t make it a better truck.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Ford has a number of "best in class" qualities, you're right. And I got mine for about $10K less than a comparable Tacoma. But it took $10K less to get me to buy the Ford. That's a lot of loss for Ford...
Sponsored