underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my 2019 used in February after several dealers told me I’d wait 9 months if I ordered a 2023 and might not even get all the options I wanted. I imagine cranking out the Bronco is interfering with Ranger production.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rob,

Ford is building trucks based on customer ordering and not building for dealer stock anymore as I understand it....

Had to order my daughters new Escape in early February as her lease is up at end of May.... Looks like the dealer salespeople are going to be out of work....

best,
Phil
If that is true, this trend will only continue and accelerate, especially since Ford doesn't seem interested in marketing the Ranger at all. People can't/won't order what they don't know about.

I'm glad I got my 5G when I did. It seems more and more like I won't be getting a 6G - at least not anytime soon. I had my last Ranger for 13 years - this one may be similar.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If that is true, this trend will only continue and accelerate, especially since Ford doesn't seem interested in marketing the Ranger at all. People can't/won't order what they don't know about.

I'm glad I got my 5G when I did. It seems more and more like I won't be getting a 6G - at least not anytime soon. I had my last Ranger for 13 years - this one may be similar.
Hi Rob,

I sure hope so that 5G is as good as 4G....that said, the electrical complexity of the new vehicles is of great concern to me. Couple that with the diagnostic mentality of Techs of "lets replace this module and see if it fixes the problem".... $$$$$$

Best,
Phil

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rob,

I sure hope so that 5G is as good as 4G....that said, the electrical complexity of the new vehicles is of great concern to me. Couple that with the diagnostic mentality of Techs of "lets replace this module and see if it fixes the problem".... $$$$$$

Best,
Phil
Totally agree - it is becoming more and more difficult to find a real mechanic - one who can do diagnostics rather than "the computer told me to replace this part" parts changers. Couple that with the fact of increasing reliance on software that is increasingly produced by the lowest bidder (i.e. absolute garbage) it does not seem to be a good path we are on. I guess that is where the "disposable economy" happens. If something breaks, you just buy a new one rather than fix it. I wonder if cars will eventually become disposable like pretty much everything else? I sure hope not - I hate that it is becoming increasingly difficult to fix things.
Sponsored