Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
LOL...I pretty sure we're ok...cross fingers...I've had every light on simultaneously for roughly 5 minutes...The headlamp, lo + hi, fog running on vehicle circuits...The rest running through Trigger comprised of 3 pairs Rigid spots/flood + 1 pair of BD S1 ditch pods + 1 pair BD S2 rear + 1 pair rear 4" cube + 2 pair side cubes + 8 rock lights...think that's all ?

During the test, there was no indication that the battery self protection wanted to shut the party down nor was there any flickering...no smoke coming from Trigger 6 Shooter ??
Oh BTW...the 6 Shooter has a main monster fuse to the battery as well as individual banked fuses to each of the 6 outputs...if anything were to go bad the fuses would blow first...fear not ?
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Here's another pickup story...this time at GM working on a similar multi utility pickup...my idea here was a proposal for a crew cab with an articulated rear seat platform that could transform the back seat into a usable bed via track system...

szcr4w_bn_gate small1.jpg

szcr4w_bn_bed.jpg
I think you were ahead of their time. Maybe the complication of building one plus making it reliable where concerns.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think you were ahead of their time. Maybe the complication of building one plus making it reliable where concerns.
Typical design overthink...trying to get a pickup to do what an SUV can do easily lol...today, if the Ranger Supercrew were configured as a hard top unibody (SUV) with same external dimensions, it would do exactly what my concept does without all the complexity and weather issues...oh ya, that would be called a Bronco 4 door duh...but at the end of the day, I still got paid... ?

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's another pickup story...this time at GM working on a similar multi utility pickup...my idea here was a proposal for a crew cab with an articulated rear seat platform that could transform the back seat into a usable bed via track system...

szcr4w_bn_gate small1.jpg

szcr4w_bn_bed.jpg
You mean like the Avalanche?

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You mean like the Avalanche?
I'm not familiar with Avalanche's rear seat function...does the bed extend into the seating area?

Reactions: Doc

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Found the 3D model I built for this concept...the conversion sequence begins with rear seats folding forward/down then the weather capsule rotates forward to extend bed cargo while sealing weather from interior...nice concept but would never survive real world stresses...

ECO Trucksmall.jpg

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mystery solved @AzScorpion ...Got some amber lens replacement for the S1 and S2...I like it...compliments the new fogs... ?

IMG_7463.JPG

IMG_7457.JPG

IMG_7458.JPG

IMG_7462.JPG

IMG_7461.JPG

IMG_7460.JPG

Last edited:

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not familiar with Avalanche's rear seat function...does the bed extend into the seating area?
Yep - the front of the bed opened up and allowed you to extend the bed after folding the back seat down. Never had any interest in them, but it was interesting.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Brandon Brown's my favorite NASCAR driver... ?

IMG_7468.JPG

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
@Msfitoy, every time I look at your thread I am amazed like the first time I saw it. TBH I booked this thread in my favorites way before I became a member and some of the mods you've done were my inspiration to get the Ranger as a project car. Congratulations once more!

I have a question (or a few but related). How many miles you currently have? You've ran your alloys lug centric from the beginning and later on added spacers too, are those still lug centric wrt the rims? How many miles on these on top of the previous setup. It's a huge offset you've got compared to stock! No complaints from the bearings?

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@Msfitoy, every time I look at your thread I am amazed like the first time I saw it. TBH I booked this thread in my favorites way before I became a member and some of the mods you've done were my inspiration to get the Ranger as a project car. Congratulations once more!

I have a question (or a few but related). How many miles you currently have? You've ran your alloys lug centric from the beginning and later on added spacers too, are those still lug centric wrt the rims? How many miles on these on top of the previous setup. It's a huge offset you've got compared to stock! No complaints from the bearings?
Hello and thanks much for your compliments...Yes, it's true...a 6 lug bolt pattern can be set up concentric without the adapter ring...the ring does not carry any weight and only helps to ensure the wheel stays concentric...this may not be true if a shop installs your wheel without a ring and casually tightens the bolts without consideration of lug centricity...

I've been running my wheels with and without a spacer, never having installed any adapter rings...zero vibration issues...again, this has to do with tightening the bolts down with specific care...

Make sure the wheels are off the ground while in park...to keep front from rotating while off the ground, I positioned the transmission to be in 4 low (do this in straight line and without turning)...lightly firm up each lug in a star pattern...slowly begin tightening progressively in the same pattern...then lower tire to contact ground and torque to 100 ftlbs...re-check torque every 20 miles 3-4 times and I never have to re-torque again until the next tire rotation or removal...bearing are holding up just great...

IMG_7472.JPG

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
Thank you Msfitoy! I also use the 4WD method to pre torque wheels and spacers. I did not use 4L, just 4H, yet 4L makes more sense. Currently running 1.25" spacers on the back and 1" on the front. This was OK while I was on stock ride height. With an IFS vehicle on the front thicker spacers are needed in the front compared to the back to stay on equal track widths, as the front gets narrower due to the angle on the control arms. Anyway, I want to go a bit wider and I was curious about bearing life.
Sponsored