project downsize

irv0735

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Well shoot, I'll be following along! I found your build by doing a search on the name I had planned for my build thread. You win this round!

I had a 4x4 sprinter that I had built out myself, but had some changes in life and don't want to store it anymore, so the Ranger build begins.

Look forward to seeing your progression. Now off to brainstorm some new names...
Sponsored

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
today i put up the softtopper and layed down the bedrug on my lunch hour. couldn't have been easier and stoked on how its coming together. gotta decide on some tires soon and then i can get the lift, tires and winch installed. as far as the bed goes im thinking of redeeming some fordpass points for a pivoting storage box and maybe a builtright rack on the other side and running a wolfhaus bed power kit.
IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg
I will never have a truck again without a Bedrug. They are so freaking awesome!!!?

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
I'd like just the hinge and attachment part of that Ford swingout box.. I imagine fastening to a double stack of Milwaukee Packout Drawer cubes so they're facing sideways during transit, then unlock and hinge open to face the tailgate at camp. I'm sure that option is not available.
redeemed some FordPass points and finally got around to mounting it. Stoked for this little storage in the bed.
IMG_5374.jpeg

OP
OP
Illking

Illking

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
took the family to Joshua Tree for the weekend to escape the madness of LA fireworks for our dogs sake. I got nap trapped in the truck and decided to take my daughter on some very light trails while she snoozed :) When she woke up we did a few donuts on the lake bed ran a few easy tracks and then headed back. It was nice to get the truck in 4 hi and see how it is in complete stock form. Feel very confident some onboard air and slightly larger ATs will get me anywhere I need.
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 3.05.37 PM.png

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
redeemed some FordPass points and finally got around to mounting it. Stoked for this little storage in the bed.
IMG_5374.jpeg
Really jealous your box came with the pivot lock. I'm having to chase the mfg company to get the lock that should have come with mine.

OP
OP
Illking

Illking

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
Really jealous your box came with the pivot lock. I'm having to chase the mfg company to get the lock that should have come with mine.
Thats a bummer Chris. for what its worth its a pretty cheap bit of plastic and lock that can be open with a flathead.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Thats a bummer Chris. for what its worth its a pretty cheap bit of plastic and lock that can be open with a flathead.
I'm sure of that...but enough of a deterrent for those crooks that don't come prepared for such.
I just don't want someone to walk up and take it, and I don't want to have to padlock it myself.
But I will if it becomes necessary.

OP
OP
Illking

Illking

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
I'm sure of that...but enough of a deterrent for those crooks that don't come prepared for such.
I just don't want someone to walk up and take it, and I don't want to have to padlock it myself.
But I will if it becomes necessary.
and you paid for it! so you should have it. i totally understand the frustration and hope the mfg does right.

OP
OP
Illking

Illking

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
Still saving for tires and lift / winch install but the parts pile keeps growing :)

A neighbor was selling his built truck and gave me a great deal on some stuff, I now have 4 KC slim lights, 2 KC ditch lights w/ brackets, trigger 6 shooter, throttle controller and tailgate dampener. I also grabbed a set of Auxbeam 80w cubes at a great price and some rock lights.

The throttle controller was less than 2 min install and very noticeable. Trigger controller was pretty easy thanks to the documentation in builds here on the forums. Auxbeam 80w cubes tucked nicely in the bumper and mounted using the holes plugged by plastic plugs. I then mounted the midland under the driver seat and just let the mic sit freely on the e brake.

Thats about it, not much but it feels good to have made some progress. Hoping for a set of tires and install the rest of my pile early this summer

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 2.47.39 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 2.47.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 2.48.10 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 2.48.19 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 2.48.31 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 2.48.44 PM.png

OP
OP
Illking

Illking

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
tucked some led strips under the bed rails powered by a BILKO pigtail. I had planned to run one of the strips across a soft topper rail but i like the hidden light its much softer on the eyes when you don't see the led source.

adfcc96f-dbb1-499d-a1b7-37bb7e53cd03-jpeg.jpg

OP
OP
Illking

Illking

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
Finally got my Eibach 2.0 stage 1 kit installed and 267/75 Z R16 Pirelli Scorpion A/T + mounted. hope to get to the winch and lights pretty soon and then my plans are all wrapped up until needs and wants arise 💸 I havent gotten much road time in yet but the neighborhood drive and a quick dirt hill test feel pretty good.
IMG_1952.jpeg
IMG_1953.jpeg
IMG_1956.jpeg
IMG_1961.jpeg
IMG_1965.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: