First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Might as well go all the way !!! Take out seat belts and get the XL pillar trim and remove all doubt that they actually expected people to ride back there , The new Tacoma Supercabs don't even have the seats anymore , just nifty storage , and at least a look from me if nobody else wants to make supercabs anymore...
Really? No seats? In my extended cab pre-taco, I think I had a person back there once, maybe twice. In that model the seat bottom folded up to reach the under seat storage.

When I got the ranger I mentioned to my wife that I'll never need the rear seats and, of course, she said oh well maybe a niece or nephew (or now, their kids). Never gonna happen.

ADDED: You know, instead of a rear seat delete option, they should have a rear seat add. :)
Sponsored

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Do it ! passenger side is a dollar more ? that's odd...

Last edited:

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Damn, Look at OP here flexing his skills.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Do you think that platform could be hinged and lock in the up position against that back panel ?

OP
OP
alaska2baja

alaska2baja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCab, 2008 Yamaha TW200
Occupation
Adventure Guide
Do you think that platform could be hinged and lock in the up position against that back panel ?
I suppose anything is possible. There are four (4) existing seatbelt connection points in the rear of cab that are bomber and you could attach a hinged ledger board of sorts to those points. I used those and also installed 1/4-20 riv nuts to the edge of the seat base framework and secured the forward edge of the platform to the inserts. A 10mm bolt fits the the seatbelt points and 1/4" bolts at the front. I'll also mention that when you remove the Ford seat bottoms what you are left with is not a flat plane. There is a hump above the driveshaft that creates an area that is raised in the center. I solved this by creating spacers to level everything out. It was not a quick project. It took me a solid week to get everything dialed in.

Last edited:

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted a platform for totes and gear inside my 2020 SuperCab so I pulled the rear seats out and fabricated a bench using a sheet of 3/4" Baltic Burch which I had coated with Line-X. Mounted up into the stock seatbelt points in the frame and purchased the OEM Ranger Seat Delete panel and trim to cover up the rear wall of the cab. Considerably less expense than a Goose Gear Panel and in my opinion a better fit and finish. Plan to add L-Track to the forward edge to afifix straps to hold down cargo. Stoked on the results. Onto the next project...

IMG_2354.jpg
IMG_2353.jpg
Nice and clean. Well done!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Really looks great - just imagine all the gear you can put back there! When I had my rear seat delete, I could put all this back there and still managed to keep it all well below the rear or side windows.

FullSizeRender 6.jpeg

I didn’t buy the factory trim kit but it really looks great with your platform - nicely done!

TechEditor

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Software Tester
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't want to give up access to those factory storage boxes with my rear seat delete.