Potential "Class Action" Incoming? (Attorney Solicitation I received on 2021/01/07)

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
No wonder lawyers, in general, have such a poor reputation.
I have a couple lawyer friends. None of them get into this trash. One's an immigration lawyer who helps people file paperwork for green cards, asylum applications, and the various other means for immigrating to the US legally. The other doesn't actually practice law. He does corporate work for Anthem with their substance abuse/addiction treatment stuff.

I was told a joke once that these ambulance chaser lawyers are the ones who barely made it out of law school with a C average.

And yet, I've encountered lawyers with far, far lower standards than most ambulance chasers. Someone tried to sue my wife a bunch of years ago, and they tried suing her under a law that the state expressly prohibited anyone in her industry be sued under. And if lawyers actually filed the case as such, then not only would the case be thrown out, the lawyer would have a penalty imposed by the court. We looked up the lawyer taking the case, and her web page looked like it was made on 1990's Geocities, or an early Myspace page. The lawyer didn't end up actually filing the case, and her client ended up skipping out on her and stiffed her the legal fees, which is awesome.
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I have a couple lawyer friends. None of them get into this trash. One's an immigration lawyer who helps people file paperwork for green cards, asylum applications, and the various other means for immigrating to the US legally. The other doesn't actually practice law. He does corporate work for Anthem with their substance abuse/addiction treatment stuff.

I was told a joke once that these ambulance chaser lawyers are the ones who barely made it out of law school with a C average.

And yet, I've encountered lawyers with far, far lower standards than most ambulance chasers. Someone tried to sue my wife a bunch of years ago, and they tried suing her under a law that the state expressly prohibited anyone in her industry be sued under. And if lawyers actually filed the case as such, then not only would the case be thrown out, the lawyer would have a penalty imposed by the court. We looked up the lawyer taking the case, and her web page looked like it was made on 1990's Geocities, or an early Myspace page. The lawyer didn't end up actually filing the case, and her client ended up skipping out on her and stiffed her the legal fees, which is awesome.
I didn't mean to imply that all lawyers are seemly without morals. I have used lawyers to setup trusts, manage land sales, etc. My DIL is a legal secretary working for an outstanding attorney office. It just galls me when I see ambulance chaser type lawyers at work. I think there should be some type of penalty for frivolous lawsuits. Of course then we would need someone to decide what is frivolous or not.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I didn't mean to imply that all lawyers are seemly without morals. I have used lawyers to setup trusts, manage land sales, etc. My DIL is a legal secretary working for an outstanding attorney office. It just galls me when I see ambulance chaser type lawyers at work. I think there should be some type of penalty for frivolous lawsuits. Of course then we would need someone to decide what is frivolous or not.
Nah, I didn't think you were overgeneralizing. Just pointing out some of my experiences, both with my friends (and the joke they passed on to me about ambulance chasers), as well as with the should-have-flunked-out-of-law-school lawyer involved in the case against my wife.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Damn lawyers.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
We Got Lawyer Jokes! - Barry S. Goldberg, Esq

A good many in the US Congress have law degrees....... as do 2 members of my family, UVA and Georgetown grads - it's been lucrative for them but they practice corporate law. Just a simple engineering degree is the extent of my edu.

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Having been a cop for 25 years and dealing/working with lawyers there are not many I respect.

And have you ever noticed most politicians are lawyers?? I don't have respect for most of those either.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Having been a cop for 25 years and dealing/working with lawyers there are not many I respect.

And have you ever noticed most politicians are lawyers?? I don't have respect for most of those either.
As a defense attorney, I say the same thing about cops haha.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Naw guys, this is 100% legit.

Right there in the form it states that the founder of their firm used to represent a vehicle manufacturer - and now he wants to help you.

I'm sold.

If I combine this with my mesothelioma and flawed diaphragm birth control device settlements, I'll have enough for lunch at Checkers.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

As a defense attorney, I say the same thing about cops haha.
Fun Fact: A family member of mine is a defence attorney who specializes in representing cops. ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Naw guys, this is 100% legit.

Right there in the form it states that the founder of their firm used to represent a vehicle manufacturer - and now he wants to help you.

I'm sold.

If I combine this with my mesothelioma and flawed diaphragm birth control device settlements, I'll have enough for lunch at Checkers.
I’m in but I want a free book. ?

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
I’ve been a party to a few class actions. Have nothing to lose by joining in. Never know. I remember the Eotech class action lawsuit. I got to keep my eotech 512 and they sent me a check for $150. Would have never known if lawyer didn’t send advertisement to me. Also, 90% of class actions are brought in federal court and there are rules on notifying potential class members and so on.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
The name and address tells all.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
tenor-191713800.gif
Sponsored