First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Hydro Vac operator/ Amsoil Dealer
With some , what I think are updates from Ford, has ones cell phones been unpaired? Recently, every time I get in the truck , I have to re-pair the phone. Anyone else going through this? A little frustrating.
J
Sponsored

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
With some , what I think are updates from Ford, has ones cell phones been unpaired? Recently, every time I get in the truck , I have to re-pair the phone. Anyone else going through this? A little frustrating.
J
I always plug mine in since that's the only way to use CarPlay as far as I know. I don't think I've ever actually tried to pair mine.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I always plug mine in since that's the only way to use CarPlay as far as I know. I don't think I've ever actually tried to pair mine.
Same here...plus I like to keep my phone charged up and not running battery while driving...

OP
OP
Amsoil guy

Amsoil guy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
It’s just strange. No issues since 2020 using Bluetooth without the phone plugged in, and then all of a sudden it doesn’t stay connected. Maybe I will plug it into the truck and see if it does anything as far as syncing goes.
J

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
It’s just strange. No issues since 2020 using Bluetooth without the phone plugged in, and then all of a sudden it doesn’t stay connected. Maybe I will plug it into the truck and see if it does anything as far as syncing goes.
J
Time to update to build 23188, especially of you are on build 22251.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
J
I mostly use carplay but my phone is paired as well, haven't had any issues with the bluetooth, it always pairs up instantly and I updated to the latest patch last week

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
How do you do the upgrade? My software updates have been updated apparently. According to the app.
Go on ford.com and you can see it there in the vehicle info (you need to login obviously) It will guide you through the process, I did it with a usb and it worked great for me

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Mine's iffy, sometimes I need to re-pair. BUT ... I'm a bit of a spaz with connectivity in general.

I have two phones paired and I also have the tiny non-touch screen, so no carplay, only the phone. When connected, it's great and that's probably 90% of the time.

I didn't know a new update was out, I'll go check (and it may not apply to my Sync version).

Oh, and if the OP sees the latest update on their settings, maybe it did the Wi-Fi update. Mine never has, despite being in range and "seeing" the router, so I've always done the USB version which is fast since I don't have any and all that fancy pants stuff! =D

Update: There is an update for mine - thanks for this thread!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Amsoil guy

Amsoil guy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Go on ford.com and you can see it there in the vehicle info (you need to login obviously) It will guide you through the process, I did it with a usb and it worked great for me
Thanks, I’ll try that.👍🏻

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I’ll try that.👍🏻
Be sure that you open and do the guide on ford.com verbatim, youll need a good sized flash drive and will need to reformat it to a different storage format so it will need to be empty, and the vehicle will need to be sitting on for a good while (took me like 30 min) So its a perfect excuse to do some interior detailing!

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Same issue here with latest update which hit last week for me. It kept having pairing issues until it appears to have finally downloaded all the update pieces. After that, pairing is back to normal.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I have an android, I paired it once 8 months ago and it has been solid since, then I remember to plug it in anyway, but even if I unplug it in the middle of a song or call it goes to BT fast

OP
OP
Amsoil guy

Amsoil guy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
I was able to update the phone app along with the update in the truck. Looks like that’s all that was needed. It took a bit to do, but now it seems like it’s working fine now. Thanks for all the input and ideas. Very much appreciated.
J
Sponsored