First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Set UP Operator
Hello everyone, proud owner of a (new to me) 2019 XLT. I have been lurking around on here for a few days and I see that there is a lot of knowledge along with helpful people on this board. My wife, daughter and I all have the same model phone. Is there a way to differentiate our phones? Such as Allen's Phone, Tammy's phone, etc? All I can get it to do is show the name and model # of the phones
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone, proud owner of a (new to me) 2019 XLT. I have been lurking around on here for a few days and I see that there is a lot of knowledge along with helpful people on this board. My wife, daughter and I all have the same model phone. Is there a way to differentiate our phones? Such as Allen's Phone, Tammy's phone, etc? All I can get it to do is show the name and model # of the phones
I'm guessing you must all have Android phones? If so, I'm not sure of a way to name the phone like iOS devices do. If anyone does, I'd love to know how.

Deleted member 1634

You should be able to rename your phone in the settings on your phone. Or at least I can with my Motorola.

Settings>System>About Phone>Device Name

The path might be different for your phone, depending on what it is. But it should be in there somewhere.

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
On my Samsung Android, you go to settings, then "about phone". You can rename you phone there.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Wow - I've learned two things today!!! I never saw the option in settings to change the name of the phone.

OP
OP

afbryant

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Set UP Operator
It worked, thanks guys. I have always just changed it within the other vehicles infotainment centers
Sponsored