RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't had a vehicle to experiment with prior to this Ranger, so I'm new to this, but I've not been able to get Spotify to connect via bluetooth so I can play on the radio on my truck. It works via Android Auto but I haven't really liked that interface.

I did some googling and got conflicting results. Just wondering if anyone here has had success and if so, did you have to do anything odd? My wife is able to connect her iPhone to her Sync3 system on her CMax, but I'm wondering if Android is different or something.

Thanks
Sponsored

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Yes, just choose your phone as the audio source in the audio menu and it will play anything that is on your phone at the time; or, use CarPlay or whatever Android's equivalency is.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, just choose your phone as the audio source in the audio menu and it will play anything that is on your phone at the time; or, use CarPlay or whatever Android's equivalency is.
Thank you - not sure what was different other than starting up Spotify before choosing my phone as the source, but once I did that, it worked. Before that, it would just try and play MP3's I had on my phone when I selected it.
Sponsored