Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Praying for you & your family. Things will work out. You did not mention the lady driver was blind but she must have been & an idiot. Listening to Garman turn left now.:please:
Sponsored

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Well I hope your wife gets better soon, your kids wake up to themselves, your Ranger gets repaired and your team wins a match, but to have a proper country music song, your dog has to die and your crop fail as well.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Well I hope your wife gets better soon, your kids wake up to themselves, your Ranger gets repaired and your team wins a match, but to have a proper country music song, your dog has to die and your crop fail as well.
And your mother has to be released from prison. Oh, and also mention a train. :wink:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd usually say that death by a 1000 papercuts is the most annoying, but what you experienced was more like 1000 stabs with a k-bar! Hang in there man!!!! Good luck with the wife, kid, and truck, and I'm sorry it's getting lumped on you all at once!

Rangerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCrew
I don't have any bright words of wisdom, but maybe a little humour would help. I heard the other day about the inspiration for a country song: a guy's truck getting so smart (electronic technology) that it dumps him.

Good news is the dark days are always followed by sunshine and fair winds.

OP
OP
Billho

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX 2wd SuperCab, 2002 GMC Sierra
I thought I'd update this thread- my accident was on Oct 23rd. The other driver's insurance accepted full liability. So I took it to Ford Collision and they ordered parts. And we waited and waited. While I waited, I found some takeoffs and upgraded my wheels and tires. In addition to the body damage, the HVAC system stopped working, so I didn't have any heat all winter.

Finally, on Feb. 1st I was able to take in my truck to the body shop for repairs. When they took it to the service dept, they replaced the heater box that was broken on that side of the truck. And... my rear axle was bent. They ordered a new one, which took a few weeks to come in. And... that one was bent, too. So we're still waiting on another one to show up. My truck has been in since Feb 1st, so I am getting tired of driving the Tacoma they had as a rental. It is a nice truck, but if I wanted a Taco, I would have bought a Taco. I'm ready to have my Ranger back.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I thought I'd update this thread- my accident was on Oct 23rd. The other driver's insurance accepted full liability. So I took it to Ford Collision and they ordered parts. And we waited and waited. While I waited, I found some takeoffs and upgraded my wheels and tires. In addition to the body damage, the HVAC system stopped working, so I didn't have any heat all winter.

Finally, on Feb. 1st I was able to take in my truck to the body shop for repairs. When they took it to the service dept, they replaced the heater box that was broken on that side of the truck. And... my rear axle was bent. They ordered a new one, which took a few weeks to come in. And... that one was bent, too. So we're still waiting on another one to show up. My truck has been in since Feb 1st, so I am getting tired of driving the Tacoma they had as a rental. It is a nice truck, but if I wanted a Taco, I would have bought a Taco. I'm ready to have my Ranger back.
What a painful wait.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

Thanks for the update on your truck, sorry it is taken so long to get you back on the road with your Ranger. How is the wife's recovery coming along?

OP
OP
Billho

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the update on your truck, sorry it is taken so long to get you back on the road with your Ranger. How is the wife's recovery coming along?
She's better. Not 100%, but significantly better than back in the fall. Thanks for asking.

OP
OP
Billho

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big day today! I got a text that my truck is going to be ready- finally after waiting so long. If you may recall from the beginning of this thread, my accident was on October 23rd. I waited forever and they finally had me drop it off on Feb. 1st for a 14-day repair. Now after 2 1/2 months of it being in the shop, it is supposed to be done today. I'll update when I get it back. I'm so tired of driving this rental Tacoma.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Big day today! I got a text that my truck is going to be ready- finally after waiting so long. If you may recall from the beginning of this thread, my accident was on October 23rd. I waited forever and they finally had me drop it off on Feb. 1st for a 14-day repair. Now after 2 1/2 months of it being in the shop, it is supposed to be done today. I'll update when I get it back. I'm so tired of driving this rental Tacoma.
A rental Tacoma? Damn it was bad enough you were in an accident and had to wait this long to get it repaired but having to drive a Taco is like serving a prison sentence! :bandit:?

Glad you're getting it back and hopefully you'll have many trouble free miles with it!!

OP
OP
Billho

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally got my truck back! After 2 1/2 months in lockup (the collision center), it is back home. The original estimate was about $7k, but ended up being $18k. If they had estimated accurately, they should have totaled it out (with the $3,000 rental car bill, it was almost $21,000). They replaced all the panels on the right side, plus the rear axle was bent and struts were damaged. It seems to be OK now, but I'm going through it all now to see if they missed anything.

Ranger 1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: