Perfect end to a horrible week

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX 2wd SuperCab, 2002 GMC Sierra
It has been a horrible week- work sucks, an old friend died from a heart attack, my wife was in the hospital a few weeks ago and is now home but needs constant care and is headed back to the hospital for surgery next week, discipline problems with my oldest kid, and now... I was in an accident this morning. Some stupid lady tried to turn left from the far right lane of a 4 lane road -right into the side of my Ranger.

On the bright side, I think I have the lyrics for an awesome country song.

I was thinking of going on a motorcycle ride this afternoon, but maybe I shouldn't chance it. I think I'll just lay low for the rest of the day.

Damage on passenger side front quarter, door, rear panel, both rims are jacked up, and running board is destroyed. There's probably stuff wrong underneath and when I drove it, there was some vibration coming from the front wheel.
Ranger damage .jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Sorry to hear all that, it is a week from hell. Things seem to happen in threes so you should be good for a while.

The truck can be fixed so concentrate on your wife getting well.

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
X2 ^. Concentrate on your wife, and that your OK. The Ranger is just a "thing" that can be fixed or replaced.
No "thing" is more important than loved ones.
And, stay off the bike, at least for today.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Our sincere prayers to you and your family. Things will get better for your wife and family. I always try and think when things are going bad that God works in mysterious ways and never puts more weight on your shoulders than you can handle.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
If I were you, I’d go buy a lottery ticket. Your luck can only change for the better now.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry to hear about your bad week. Hopefully things will get better soon and yes, I would stay home and relax the rest of the day. Luckily no one was injured in the accident and while it stinks it's just a vehicle which can be fixed. Praying for your wife to get healthy and better. ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billho

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX 2wd SuperCab, 2002 GMC Sierra
Thanks guys. I just needed to vent. Things will be better this week. I was watching a football game and my team is so stressful to watch (game was tied 28-28 in the 3rd qtr) and I just needed to take a walk. After a few miles of pavement and listening to some music, I feel better.

Maybe this will give me the chance to do some mods with the insurance money. Or maybe upgrade my motorcycle. We'll see.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Hope things get better and ASAP. I was once told there are no motorcycles parked at the psychiatrist office because riding is it’s own therapy. If you can’t take care of yourself then taking care of other people and things is a bigger challenge. Obviously do not neglect the wife just to go riding, but make time for your self. I think you understand what I’m trying to say.

Accidents, friends dying, and family legal troubles has hit me this year more than ever in my life. These events remind me that life is truly short. I even have daily reminders that I carry with me everywhere I go..

Ex duris gloria - From suffering arises glory
Carpe diem - Seize the day

4C6B4D6A-DF70-4EF8-8D9A-DF433CBC0DDF.jpeg

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
It's tough to remember sometimes but as long as you are drawing breath you are doing better than all the dead folks. Hang in there bro, it will get better.
Sponsored