First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Work
have you tried going to a different dealer, and did you get a case opened from ford customer service (that another dealer could reference)?
I will go to another dealer as soon as I get my vehicle back. I don’t want to take it back and be left with issues. No one will touch that grenade.
I haven’t received any indication from ford motor company that they will make this right if I take it somewhere else.
I know this game all to well. No one accepts fault, they blame each other and I’m left being called the unreasonable one.
I can’t return the truck. They have pushed the resistance on that end.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shortbed

Shortbed

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Work
I want to very carefully and cautiously clarify my intentions here.
One, had a issue and felt alone and needed some very knowledgeable people to give suggestions. That’s going this forum to ask about all the sensor issues and the dealers response to me.
Two, how do I get help if there is resistance to my concerns and reasonable inquiries towards the dealer. The dealer had suggested from the start that I may be wrong. Not demanding special treatments because I’m a snowflake.
Three, the more I investigate the less help I have received from multiple fronts at the dealership. This then was passed up to Ford. I’m awaiting a solution. During the last 6 days the dealer has made the situation worse.
I am frustrated but step back and breath and consider the other sides position. Please don’t take this as a soap box crazy position where I try to burn the village down.
I just financed 40k dollars and didn’t expect this ordeal.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I will go to another dealer as soon as I get my vehicle back. I don’t want to take it back and be left with issues. No one will touch that grenade.
I haven’t received any indication from ford motor company that they will make this right if I take it somewhere else.
I know this game all to well. No one accepts fault, they blame each other and I’m left being called the unreasonable one.
I can’t return the truck. They have pushed the resistance on that end.
Try call Ford Corp back and ask to speak with a supervisor. I had multiple problems when I bought my '16 Tacoma and got nowhere until I demanded to speak with a supervisor. Tell them your problems and let them know you're highly disappointed in the way your dealer has handled this and that you've always wanted a Ford but now want to sell it. Trust me this is the last thing they want to hear and I think you'll see some results faster going this route.

It's amazing how different dealers treat their customers! I am very lucky to have found a great Ford dealer out here in AZ,customer service in SUB par out here in most industries! I had a fantastic relationship with my Ford dealer back east and was worried about finding another one who could even come close out here. Don't give up and try contacting a supervisor at corporate. Maybe they can even contact another local dealer and have them take over your case? Good luck!

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
have you tried going to a different dealer, and did you get a case opened from ford customer service (that another dealer could reference)?
This is a case that I'm not sure going to another dealer will fix (though it's definitely worth a try!). It seems that the most likely explanation for the problems is that the dealer broke the truck. While I don't claim to know the exact relationship between Ford Corporate and the member dealers, I'm guessing that the fact this problem is a screw-up by the dealer technically absolves Corporate of responsibility, and thus they may not pay for a separate dealer to fix it. Likewise, the second dealer has no reason to eat the cost of fixing someone else's screw-up.

If you haven't already, you do need to report this to Ford Corporate. They'll want to know that one of their dealers is treating a customer so poorly. I think your reaction (totally reasonable by the way!) demonstrates how damaging the actions of a dealer can be on the Ford reputation, and so hopefully corporate will 1) make sure your problem gets resolved, and 2) appropriately rebuke the dealer so nobody else gets treated the way you've been treated.

And I'm sorry to say this, but if the dealer keeps acting like they don't know what happened to your truck, it may be time to start looking into how small claims court might help solve your problem.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
This is a case that I'm not sure going to another dealer will fix (though it's definitely worth a try!). It seems that the most likely explanation for the problems is that the dealer broke the truck. While I don't claim to know the exact relationship between Ford Corporate and the member dealers, I'm guessing that the fact this problem is a screw-up by the dealer technically absolves Corporate of responsibility, and thus they may not pay for a separate dealer to fix it. Likewise, the second dealer has no reason to eat the cost of fixing someone else's screw-up.
The first dealer is claiming that ford built the truck wrong. That's a warranty issue. We all think the dealer is full of shit, but we're not in a position to call the dealer on it--ford is.

Edit to add: and I'd focus on that, make it a very simple request for clarification of warranty items without getting into a long and confusing story. Once the dealer is shot down on that, the rest should be easier to sort out.

OP
OP
Shortbed

Shortbed

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Work
Okay. I have resolution. Thanks to everyone, you all gave guidance and support. I will close this post if that’s a thing.
I got my truck back this afternoon. Had to go collect it. The service department said it was almost done and they needed to test drive again.
I started that way with the idea I could get my truck by five.
The service tech had left without calling. I had to repeat myself to a new person. The truck was now missing 2/3 fuel, and the new bumper had plastic damage still.
I expressed my frustration and politely asked for my truck back.
I will not be returning and will pay out of pocket for any further repairs.
Ford gets a second chance but the dealership is no more.
I have a small novel of bed events and don’t feel it helps to bash people but I needed to vent for relief. Thanks everyone.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
Shortbed, I would take any and all documentation and contact Ford customer service directly. I would ask that they make this situation right and provide a conveniently located dealer and it not be the one you had so much trouble with. The company owes you that at least.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Okay. I have resolution. Thanks to everyone, you all gave guidance and support. I will close this post if that’s a thing.
I got my truck back this afternoon. Had to go collect it. The service department said it was almost done and they needed to test drive again.
The service tech had left without calling. I had to repeat myself to a new person. The truck was now missing 2/3 fuel, and the new bumper had plastic damage still.
I have a small novel of bed events and don’t feel it helps to bash people but I needed to vent for relief. Thanks everyone.
Glad to hear that you've got resolution, though I'm sorry you had to go through all that. You really shouldn't have to pay out of pocket, but perhaps that's best for your own sanity. Hope to keep seeing you around here!

For what it's worth, my Dad once bough a new VW Jetta that had some issues shortly after he took possession. The dealership was worthless when it came to resolving said issues and at the time really made him regret his purchase. Eventually he got things worked out, and never had to deal with that dealership again. He's now driven that car well over 200,000 miles. I hope you have a similar positive lifetime experience despite the initial dealership problems.

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I can request the sticker from the factory. I plan on that. I have spent several hours in phone chats and emails and phone calls. I’m pretty sure I will not buy again. I might even trade this vehicle off as soon as I’m done.
I am sorry for your experience but it is not the vehicle...some dealers are really good while others are con artists.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Man, I have been following your plight and am really sorry for your experience. I think that first dealer really screwed your truck up. I believe all your other issues stem from his innepitude and lack of knowledge about the Ranger. Unfortunately a few really bad ones like him give the whole brand a black eye. With all the electronics on our trucks, once something gets screwed up it propagates though the whole system. Makes it a pain to diagnose and fix.

Hopefully you'll give a Ranger a second chance, I really believe you'll love it if you get a good one. Hope to see you around the forum.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Why don't you just get an estimate for the install at a different dealer, the sue the Fks is small claims. That's what they are there for. no lawyers allowed. Yes your honor- even though we were just back there tearing everything apart, we're pretty sur the Ford Factory forgot to install it, and the customer imagined using it for 4 weeks. Yeah.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! What a crappy situation!
I'd let that dealership's ownership know that every place you can write a review, that you'll tell your story. That situation is ridiculous!

shybuck

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shybuckstudios.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, Saber, SuperCab, 4x4 Sport, Dif Lock
Occupation
Artist
I'm new here as far as posting, but started hanging around 3 months ago after I got my 2019 Saber, Super cab, XLT. This kind of kabach really roils my stomach.
Shortbed, here's what I would do in this situation. Am I right in thinking you no longer have the window sticker? If so I think you're out of luck on getting a copy, but could be wrong.
Phone calls have little weight. You need to document this.

Open a case with Ford and write a letter to the CEO, Jim Hackett. In your letter enclose the pictures you put up on the forum, along with the invoice Ford gave to you when you purchased your truck. Explain your case in a clear story including dates and time. (use spell check)Then send a copy of this letter to the owner of the dealership. You will get a response from Ford and hopefully satisfaction.
Good Luck my friend.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm new here as far as posting, but started hanging around 3 months ago after I got my 2019 Saber, Super cab, XLT. This kind of kabach really roils my stomach.
Shortbed, here's what I would do in this situation. Am I right in thinking you no longer have the window sticker? If so I think you're out of luck on getting a copy, but could be wrong.
Phone calls have little weight. You need to document this.

Open a case with Ford and write a letter to the CEO, Jim Hackett. In your letter enclose the pictures you put up on the forum, along with the invoice Ford gave to you when you purchased your truck. Explain your case in a clear story including dates and time. (use spell check)Then send a copy of this letter to the owner of the dealership. You will get a response from Ford and hopefully satisfaction.
Good Luck my friend.
Hi Shy,

Good Recommendation!

Hackett will likely never see it, but the letter will get submitted to the correct channels and I agree that you will hear from Ford...probably not right away as the letter needs to trickle down a few levels before action is taken... That said....there is a slight chance Hackett will read it as part of a sampling program and likely shit would hit the fan at high levels. I have seen this a couple times before and it usually sparks immediate action.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored